Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In case anyone hits the lottery's mega-jackpot or marries a rich heiress, here is a list of the 8 most expensive supercars that you can buy:

Bugatti Divo- $5.8 million
Lamborghini Veneno- $4.0 million
Aston Martin Valkyrie- $3.2 million
Koenigsegg Jesko- $2.8 million
Mercedes AMG One- $2.7 million
McClaren Speedtail- $2.3 million
Ferrari Monza SP1 and SP2- $1.8 million
Pagani Huayra- $1.4 million

·
Super Moderator
13,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here are the other three cars. Can't make up your mind? Buy all eight!

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
634 Posts
I have mine at $34K, my first gen SRT 8

Would not trade for any of those cars ever.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,109 Posts

·
Registered
Boosted Stroked 2014 Shaker M6
2,480 Posts
In case anyone hits the lottery's mega-jackpot or marries a rich heiress, here is a list of the 8 most expensive supercars that you can buy:

Bugatti Divo- $5.8 million
Lamborghini Veneno- $4.0 million
Aston Martin Valkyrie- $3.2 million
Koenigsegg Jesko- $2.8 million
Mercedes AMG One- $2.7 million
McClaren Speedtail- $2.3 million
Ferrari Monza SP1 and SP2- $1.8 million
Pagani Huayra- $1.4 million
Why?

·
Super Moderator
13,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is assumed that all members on Challengertalk are car guys that can appreciate the styling, performance and technology of other manufacturers. This post is on "The Garage- For OTHER Car Talk" Forum, where members can post information about other cars, besides Mopars.

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
634 Posts
IF, BIG IF is that I would never buy one of these as the MAINTENCE is stupid expensive and a LONG. LONG way to take it in.

Most of the crap I own now is easy 1.5 hours there and back just for basic shit.

Same as a house, like it to low maintence and low out going.

SO for me, I just rent the dam things and let them take care of it !!!!

·
Registered
5,720 Posts
I'd rather drive this:
And you can work on it yourself

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
634 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,437 Posts
IF, BIG IF is that I would never buy one of these as the MAINTENCE is stupid expensive and a LONG. LONG way to take it in.

Most of the crap I own now is easy 1.5 hours there and back just for basic shit.

Same as a house, like it to low maintence and low out going.

SO for me, I just rent the dam things and let them take care of it !!!!
you have that right.

A friend of mine owned a McLaren (in Oregon) it was either ship 3.5 hours away once Seattle area had a service center or to CA.

on one of those shipments to CA (for maintenance and warranty work), a window must have been down for a bit while being handled on car carrier being transferred, etc.

A rat got into the car and gnawed on the seat, seatbelts and top of console. Leather would essentially seem like beef jerky to a rodent.

Thankfully it didn't pee on the interior as rodents tend to "dribble" when they roam around, nor gnaw on any wiring.

Insurance covered the damage, but it was $25k (yes that's right) as the interior has color matched stitching for the paint. this is for a two seat sports car - so there's not as much interior trim

talk about a royal pain getting the car serviced and then have that take place...

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
634 Posts
That is CRAZY !!! Would lose my friggin mind if that happened to me !!!!

·
Super Moderator
13,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you have enough money to buy a $5.8 million supercar, you are not worrying about the maintenance cost.

Look at Jay Leno. He has 181 collectible cars and 80 motorcycles and he employs two full-time mechanics to keep all of them running in top shape.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,109 Posts

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
Those machines are really cool and would like to drive them all. Never had a picture of a Lamborghini hanging out in the garage, that was reserved for the muscle cars in my life. Being a drag race guy, the thought never entered my mind of owning one, even if the bank account could. I couldn't compete in their world and some of them couldn't in mine, at the drags.

HOT ROD ON

·
Registered
Boosted Stroked 2014 Shaker M6
2,480 Posts
It is assumed that all members on Challengertalk are car guys that can appreciate the styling, performance and technology of other manufacturers. This post is on "The Garage- For OTHER Car Talk" Forum, where members can post information about other cars, besides Mopars.
Appreciate them, yes, but want to buy one, never. If I could afford one of them, this is what I'd get... just because...

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I'd rather drive this:
And you can work on it yourself

No you wouldn't. I can agree with the idea of easier to work on.........but "rather drive it" not-so-much".

Rarity and auction demand can drive a BIG PRICE TAG but it can't improve the actual car. Despite the huge price tag an old school stock as delivered 426 Hemi powered Muscle car is in all reality a HORRIBLE disappointment in real world driving. Not much "go", dreadful bad handling and braking, terrible MPG, and no creature comforts by the expectations set in the more modern world.

The bragging rights and throw back fun will wear pretty thin after the initial, "Holy Crap I'm driving a unicorn rare classic!" wears off. What you'll be left with is little more than a really good version, in excellent condition, of the pretty typical 1970s era rattle trap Chrysler.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,723 Posts
While those are all nice to look at and I'll bet a blast to drive, if money were no object, I'd buy a new all carbon fiber edition Ford GT!

That is one pretty spectacular looking automobile!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts