Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I’m thinking this info may be for the PreEagle motors. I’m willing to bet there is little to no difference in the VVT radiators found on the 5.7/6.4 cars. With that being said I could very well loose that bet as Ma-Mopar likes to do strange things in off years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Well the MMRAD-SRT-15 rad was made for a SP, SRT HC (bigger inlet/outlet and correct AC condenser mounting locations) and I can tell you my 2015 5.7 hoses were too small in diameter, plus the condenser mounting was off. The MMRAD-SRT-09 on the other hand is made for a 2009+ 5.7 and at the time was full price whereas the -15 was almost half off (and I believe shipping was included). If I remember correctly the 6.1 had the same hose as the 6.4 but without the split for the oil cooler, which is why I bought hoses for a 6.1. What I do remember vividly is having a headache trying to figure out what would work.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So after 1 year and 9 months looks like the Mishimoto radiator has a tiny leak. All this time I was blaming it on the water pump but it looks like it is the radiator that is leaking somewhere near the fins on the driver's side. You can see the dried up pink residue but no actual wet spot. Funny thing is system still holds some pressure over a day so not sure if the leak occurs when the rad is hot or if it slowly leaks out. The coolant level drops slowly over weeks not days. Looks like I will yank it out and replace it with the original, which is sitting in my basement. Will probably take it to rad repair shop and see if they can fix it in the meantime.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have heard things about "Mishimoto" radiators leaking.
Yeah, same here...probably why it was heavily discounted when I bought it. I just hate the crimped on plastic tanks. My liberty is on it's 3rd radiator because first one had a crack develop in the driver's side tank and the 2nd one had a leak right at the crimp on the passenger side. Thought going to all metal would have helped with heat dissipation (there are articles showing the stock HC radiator does a great job) and also less likely to leak. Oh well, should have listen to the folk here...bunch of extra work for nuttin.

·
Registered
Furious Fuchsia 2010 Challenger R/T Classic A5
560 Posts
No lifetime warranty? I thought that was the 2nd reason so many love Mishimoto (the 1st being the cheap price).

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No lifetime warranty? I thought that was the 2nd reason so many love Mishimoto (the 1st being the cheap price).
Maybe? I have to dig thru my old emails to find the invoice. Although they might say it is void since it is a 6.2/6.4 rad on a 5.7.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts