Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I'm new here.
I just picked up a 2017 R/T Plus a couple weeks ago.
I am baffled by a small issue I'm having trouble with. I did a search and still can't figure it out.
The problem is this, on the instrument cluster, you can scroll up and down, but when I get to the performance section, all it gives me is 0 to 60 timer and the braking distance timer.
The owners manual clearly shows that I should also have a 0 to 100 timer, 1/8 mile, and 1/4 mile timers, but I can't find them anywhere.
I've tried with the engine running and the car in drive and they still don't show up anywhere.
I understand that my car is not a super track pack, and that I don't get the SRT pages. And I understand that I should be able to unlock that with a Tazer.
But, where are the rest of the timers hidden?
Surely they wouldn't just give R/T owners 0 to 60, and 60 to 0 and stop st that.
My car had the navigation touch screen also.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
15,420 Posts
Hi guys. I'm new here.
I just picked up a 2017 R/T Plus a couple weeks ago.
I am baffled by a small issue I'm having trouble with. I did a search and still can't figure it out.
The problem is this, on the instrument cluster, you can scroll up and down, but when I get to the performance section, all it gives me is 0 to 60 timer and the braking distance timer.
The owners manual clearly shows that I should also have a 0 to 100 timer, 1/8 mile, and 1/4 mile timers, but I can't find them anywhere.
I've tried with the engine running and the car in drive and they still don't show up anywhere.
I understand that my car is not a super track pack, and that I don't get the SRT pages. And I understand that I should be able to unlock that with a Tazer.
But, where are the rest of the timers hidden?
Surely they wouldn't just give R/T owners 0 to 60, and 60 to 0 and stop st that.
My car had the navigation touch screen also.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
The Performance Pages are part of the Super Track Pack pkg for the R/T trim level. They would have:
*Reaction time
*0-60
*60-0 / braking
*1/4 mi time
*1/8 mi time
*instant g-force
*average g-force / max
*lap times
*top speed

There's also the virtual gauges:
*Oil Temp
*Oil PSI
*Coolant Temp
*Battery Voltage
*Intake Air Temp
*Trans temp (auto only)
*instant engine output HP / TQ

The SRT Peformance Pages add a few things to their version of Performance Pages

·
Registered
14,294 Posts
I understand that my car is not a super track pack, and that I don't get the SRT pages.
You would only have gotten the Dodge Performance Pages which are different than SRT Performance Pages, but you had to order Super Track Pack to get them. R/T's with the 392 engine get the Dodges pages by default and Tazer let's them unlock the SRT pages. Dodge should really spell this out more but they don't. You're also missing the paddle shifters which come only as a part of STP now, don't understand it either, an R/T should have all of this standard.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the quick replies.
It is confusing.
So the way I understand it, with a 5.7 R/T, you need the STP, for all the timers in the basic Dodge performance features.

·
Registered
5,714 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
I have a 16 R/T that now has the 2017 radio. I have the STP option on my car as well. The Tazer unlocked a lot of stuff for me. SRT pages in the radio and the EVIC, gave me the user manual in the radio, drive modes, including track option for my tranny. That is the weird one as track mode allows for MDS but also requires me to use the paddles and will downshift anytime the engine goes below 2k rpm. Because of this I have only used that option once.

Ron

1 - 6 of 6 Posts