Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ok so i bought this beautiful challenger RT PLUS monday nite and when i started looking for the push start button i could not find it. i have "keyless go" listed as standard epuip on my window sticker. Is the push button start part of that option? i do have a fob and a hole where i can put it (i know that sounds very bad:weird:) but i find no button??

also i have "bright pedal kit" listed on the window sticker but my car only has the normal brake and gas pedal... no bright kit!

does anybody have any idea if i am not understanding what should and should not be on my car or what?

thanks! oh btw.... this friggin car ROCKS!!!! LUV IT!!!

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
The dealer should have installed the pedal kit, have you checked the trunk? The push-button is sometimes left in the glove compartment and not installed. If they are still missing and you bought the car new, ask the dealership.

·
Super Moderator
17,312 Posts
ok so i bought this beautiful challenger RT PLUS monday nite and when i started looking for the push start button i could not find it. i have "keyless go" listed as standard epuip on my window sticker. Is the push button start part of that option? i do have a fob and a hole where i can put it (i know that sounds very bad:weird:) but i find no button??

also i have "bright pedal kit" listed on the window sticker but my car only has the normal brake and gas pedal... no bright kit!

does anybody have any idea if i am not understanding what should and should not be on my car or what?

thanks! oh btw.... this friggin car ROCKS!!!! LUV IT!!!
the push button might be in the glove box or in the console (it pops into the port). Its typically in a small bag and may have a part # sticker on it.

The 6-speed cars get the bright pedals by default.

With the automatics, if you don't have the Interior Appearance Group (option) the default are the rubber pedals.

·
Premium Member
10,418 Posts
My push button was in the glove box as others are saying.
Congratulations on the new car.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Keep that bag that the button comes in. Those numbers are the code to program your ignition in case you would ever need to program a new key fob.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
many thanks...

wanted to thank you forum members for your help. i ran out to the garage and looked in the console and there it was (the push button start)! Funny thing is it was loose in there. I looked in the glove box first and found the plastic bag it came in but no button. Opened the console just for shits and grins and viola! there it was! Unfortunately no bright pedal package in the trunk tho... Kinda pissed cause it is listed as an accessory on my window sticker.:SM002: suppose pdi department just didnt install it! Anyway i paid 32,900 for the car. The msrp with options was 39,655. Do y'all thing i got a good deal? I usually pull the old get up and start walking out routine but it was after 10 pm and i had haggled for an hour already and knew if i bought the car i still had an hour or more of paperwork and sales pitches for crappy-ass appearance and maintainence packages to get thru so once i got'em that low i just pulled the trigger. Luv the car very much tho! Way cooler than my stupid 2010 ss i bought when they came out. It was fast kinda but it was impossible to see out of and it developed a rear main seal leak within the first 50 miles of taking delivery which never got fixed right! Never owned a dodge before but have been a fan since childhood so i am wondering now why i went with GM instead back in 2010!! maybe cause back then i thought i had to have the biggest engine and the ss had the 6.2 in my price range where as the srt with the 6.1 was in the 50k range which i could not do. Now i know all i really want is a good reliable V8 and so this R/T with this sweeeeeet 5.7 is friggin PURRRRFECT! sounds waaaayyy better than that chevy too! that ss always sounded like it was falling apart up top when you got on it. this thing sound like sweet sweet music to me so needless to say so far so good and i am very happy with my choice! Well thanks again for the help and if you read all this thanks for listening too!!

·
Registered
2017 challenger hellcat A8
2,019 Posts
Congratulations on the car. Challengers really are a nice piece of machinery.

·
Premium Member
10,418 Posts
Good deal on finding the start button now call the dealer and ask if they found your pedal package in the PDI area.

Reactions: 14rtbb31

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
look by the spare tire ..... some have found the peddles there!!!

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
If your pedal kit is still missing, take it to the dealer and show them the window sticker. Trust me, you want them to install the brake pedal pad, it can be a real pain to get it on.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok I will. too tired now. I think this might be the first day I go without driving my R/T! I still want to but I am so shot from a busy day at work I am forcing myself to let her sit tonight. Hope they are there tho... that would be cool. Thanks for the tip ghost.

·
Registered
16,280 Posts
What automatics come with bright pedals except those with the Mopar Interior Appearance Group?

Do you have that package on your car?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts