Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Scat Pack Challenger
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, has anyone done MMX drop in rods and pistons to a 392 and ran nitrous? Seems like a fairly unique and interesting route to take.

Would those rods handle full bolt ons and let's say a 175 shot?

·
Registered
747 Posts
I contacted them regarding the 5.7 (eagle) drop ins and nitrous shot size and all they had to say was “they will handle up to 700rwhp” but nothing regarding shot size.

FYI a 175 shot on forged rotating assembly is relatively small. Should be no problem there. Some have hit the stock 392 with that.
My concern was more the 250-300 shot size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Scat Pack Challenger
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I contacted them regarding the 5.7 (eagle) drop ins and nitrous shot size and all they had to say was “they will handle up to 700rwhp” but nothing regarding shot size.

FYI a 175 shot on forged rotating assembly is relatively small. Should be no problem there. Some have hit the stock 392 with that.

Interesting - they claim on their website that these rods and pistons are good for 1000whp. I would think they should handle a 175 to 250 shot. Tuned of course and good fuel, I know that even forged pistons can be melted.

·
Premium Member
659 Posts

Did he mean the pistons or the 5.7 engine. Wondering if the stock nodular iron crank can handle that much power.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Did he mean the pistons or the 5.7 engine. Wondering if the stock nodular iron crank can handle that much power.
Mmm unknown. Was quite some time ago that I inquired.
It just seemed to be a very short reply with not much explanation behind it.

That could be it I suppose.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Make sure those rings are properly gapped if you go nitrous. Mine are and only complaint is with some slight oil blow-by when getting on it while street driving.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts