Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for interest in track, drag and road trip events. A road trip to Challengerfest would be a lot of fun. Also looking for interest in attending the SRT Experience in September. If a few members of the club particpate, maybe the rest of the club can come down and spectate.

CHALLENGERFEST (Bowling Green, KY):
Challengerfest is going to be huge this year. Meeting up with a group on the way down could be good event. Maybe an overnight in Saint Louis to see the arch. There's guys driving down from Canada for this thing. Bowling Green is about 14 hours away.
Challengerfest 2 - April 29 to May 1

SRT EXPERIENCE (ELKHART, WI):
Two of our club members want to go to Road America for the SRT Track Experience. Orlin brought his video from last year to the garage party. Driving someone elses cars on a track in a safe environment. I'm in for that. If I can get a pass for $225-$250, I think I'm going to do it. Elkhart is six hours away.
Road America - Sept 27-29

ROCK FALLS RACEWAY (ROCK FALLS, WI):
Drag racing for as little as $40 during certain events. Looking into track rental. This may be require a joint event with another club. Rock Falls is 2 hours away.
RockFallsRaceway.COM

BRAINARD INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY (BRAINARD, MN):
BIR has both drag racing and track events. Brainard is 2.5 hours away.
BIR Performance Driving School / Track / $295
Super Secret Fun Run (MSRA Members) / Drag Racing / August

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
I am down with doing at least one of the drag events "Rock Falls or BIR", I will definitely be there to see Todd's car break into the 10's.

I would love to do the SRT Experience, bottom line for me to make this a go is knowing I will have some camaraderie both on the trip out and the track!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Challengerfest

I would be interested in Challengerfest, but it'll be work dependant, Iwon't know until about a week before.:guiness:

·
Banned
241 Posts
Can't do challengerfest as it's the start of pool season around here. For sure Rock Falls. I will be going there a few times. I've been watching the dates but until my car is in my possession I can't confirm dates. Steve - Have you called for a track rental cost and availabilities?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Rock Falls

Oh ya, you can count me in on Rock Falls.
Looks like I will make the event Tonight, as long as the snow doesn't add up to much.

·
Banned
241 Posts
I would think an invite to Eastern to Middle Wisconsin Challenger owners would show some interest in a track rental opportunity at Rock Falls.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Let me know what you hear back on track rental cost. I think we should just pick a date and head out there. Less headache, work and pressure that way. That way those that want to run can while others can watch from the stands. Would be nice to have a big BBQ while we're there too.

MAY 21 - All Car Club Race $40
JUNE 11 - Saturday Muscle Car Race $40
JULY 10 - Sunday Muscle Car Race $40
August 7 - Sunday Muscle Car Race $40
October 1 - Saturday Fun Race $40
October 2 - Sunday Muscle Car Race $40
October 29 - Saturday Fun Race $40

·
Banned
241 Posts
Let me know what you hear back on track rental cost. I think we should just pick a date and head out there. Less headache, work and pressure that way. That way those that want to run can while others can watch from the stands. Would be nice to have a big BBQ while we're there too.

MAY 21 - All Car Club Race $40
JUNE 11 - Saturday Muscle Car Race $40
JULY 10 - Sunday Muscle Car Race $40
August 7 - Sunday Muscle Car Race $40
October 1 - Saturday Fun Race $40
October 2 - Sunday Muscle Car Race $40
October 29 - Saturday Fun Race $40
I vote for the 21st of May. Yes, BBQ for sure.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I would be interested in Rock Falls. How about BIR Performance Driving? I did it once in 2009 and am planning on it again this year. It would be great to have a couple of Challengers up there.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
May 21st works for me, no work obligations that weekend. As for BBQ, I could probably take the 20th off and smoke a couple racks of ribs and a brisket to bring along.

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Definitly gonna go racing at Rock Falls. Ran my R/T last fall and it was truly a RUSH ! Also wanna be there to see poolman's challenger make some runs.:bigthumb:MOPARSRULE!!!Wolffy:bigthumb:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts