Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all,
So I'm not due my first oil change just yet but have been researching the best oils, it seems most people recommend Mobil 1 5w20 full synthetic, I currently live in England and 5w20 oil is quite difficult to find, I can get hold of Lucas oil in a 5w20 or amsoil in England. Oh yeah I have a R/T auto

My question is
1. I'm prepare to import some Mobil 1 5w20 but from what I see it doesn't seem to meet the Chrysler MS spec, I take it this doesn't matter as so many people seem to think it's the best?

2.has anybody used lucas or amsoil? Do you guys think these oils are ok? Or shall I pay a bit extra to have the Mobil 1?

3. Are there any other oils that you guys think are better than mobil 1?

Really appreciate everyone's time and advice
All the best
Mark

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
Mobil 1 is an excellent product, buy with confidence. It also exceeds the Chrysler oil specification for the 5.7L Hemi engine.

·
Registered
940 Posts
I would use Amsoil if it was available and not think twice. I've ran it in my Harley, Duramax and my cars before. Here where I live it cost a lot more than Mobile 1, but if you had to import it I'd go with the Amsoil. Both are great oil.
Just my 2 cents!!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts