Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I went to Walmart today to pick up some 0w-40 Mobile 1 full synth fluid, however they had two of the same bottles next to each other, and not even of each one to not mix them...they both say "Mobile 1 0w-40 Euro Fully Sythetnic" but one says this nascar stuff, but the nascar bottle mentions nothing of "Supersyn"....

Anyway, just wondering if these two are the same and it's safe, I figure it's just a newer bottle print but wasn't sure

Oh btw, last time I bought this oil it was 10-11$ a quart at the dealer...hah!

·
Banned
1,340 Posts
I work at AutoZone and there are times we get oil in and the same oil will have a different label then the ones we have on the oil rack. It is still the same oil, just different in package labeling. One way you can check on the bottle , look for the part number near the bottom of the label and see if they are the same. if they are, you have no worries.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, the part number on the front label is different...but the sku is exactly the same o_O, here are pics front to back of the different bottles.

·
Banned
1,340 Posts
it's the same, the label on the right is the old packaging and the one of the left is the new one. still the same oil though. you have no worries.

in fact we have several grades of Mobil1 oil with different labeling.

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,049 Posts
Were you putting that 0W 40 in your Challenger? I thought that would void your warranty???? I was under the impression that 5W 20 was the only weight oil we could use.

Or do you have an SE????

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,049 Posts
he has a 6.1, which uses 0w40 ... the 5w20 is for 5.7 and MDS engines
Oops.... sorry :smokin: :brickwall::silly:......my bad.

I guess I coulda, shoulda, woulda checked his signature.........:sleep:

Never knew the SRT's used that weight oil.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oops.... sorry :smokin: :brickwall::silly:......my bad.

I guess I coulda, shoulda, woulda checked his signature.........:sleep:

Never knew the SRT's used that weight oil.
Yeah, that weight class in Mobile 1 = Euro Formula which is their oil that is ceritfied for use in AMGS\Porsches, etc, if 5.7 and I used 5w20 I would have been able to buy mobile 1 synthetic by the gallon, or jug,woulda saved a lot of $

1 - 9 of 9 Posts