Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been working with AJ at Arrington, and they have my baby for the next 8-9 months while I'm deployed over to Africa. Deployment gives me a decent time to rebuild the engine, figure what kind of mods I want, and save for all the work!

Arrington will be stroking my 6.1 to a 426 plus a Maggie on (if memory serves) 10-12lbs of boost. Forging the internals, NAG1 Stage 4 transmission, new axles, Kooks long tube headers.. don' have the invoice handy for the rest. AJ figures a good 91 tune should be getting ballpark 700 rwhp on my girl!

In the meantime, I'm looking for ideas for mods. Big fan of the classic R/T & T/A styles, but Not looking to recreate them.. that said, it isn't being lowered or getting tons of chrome.

Here's my current list of ideas, and I welcome suggestions, things I haven't considered, or criticism

1) Functional Shaker - Like Danko's that can re-use factory hood and keep the functional side scoops, plus shaker. Im looking for one that has a good hood rise, the shaker sits high above the hood, and works with a Maggie s/c. Are AFR and Cervini the only ones who fit a s/c currently?

2) Paint is BB now, thinking maybe do matte hood wrap, and gloss black the shaker. Pricing to repaint the whole car is a bit more than I'd like. Otherwise, natural green pearl with black accent would rock

3) Danko Predator Cuda grille (with electric blue inserts)

4) Electric Blue Accents (Brembo covers, side stripes: 1st, 2nd, 3rd choice) - Not sure how I feel about the stripe going over the trunk lid though

5) Swap front 2010 fascia for 2011, in BB

6) 426 HEMI adhesive on shaker, Classic DODGE lettering on hood

All around that's an expensive list of non-performance items. Not sure if that is too much or not, but it's a good way to kill time downrange. What do y'all think, anything obscure I might have missed? Maybe a solid performance item..

·
Registered
276 Posts
Suspension, but I'd be surprised if that's not worked in. Maybe some Lakewood drag shocks.... Oracle halos. I'm in love with mine, and blue or red coming at you down the road would scare the mess out of someone especially with the supercharger whine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts