Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
me my self being a new srt8 chally owner. I want to know what you guys know about hp gains on the mods you have done. not what the manufacture claims but what you have actually gotten out of that mod. for some its all about bang for buck for biggest gain , what ever price.
For me it’s what will it take to get me to 500RWHP. what A+B+C=500
and since most vendors are biased of the products they sell I ask you my fellow chally owners. what avg hp gain did you get for your mod. so lets make a list of avg gain per mod. Feel free to add to the list of mod/gain. and I’m talking just the type of mod not the model or brand.. just Avg gain.

1. CAI=
2. Cat back=
3.Long Tube headers=
4.cam=
5.head=
6. high flow cats=

ect.. fill in the blanks with what you have gotten. please add more mods to the list..

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
Those mods will get you to 450 ish rwhp. Cost about $6500 + labour.

80 % of the gain will come from the heads and cam alone.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those mods will get you to 450 ish rwhp. Cost about $6500 + labour.

80 % of the gain will come from the heads and cam alone.

so maybe a SC will put me over 500? looks like thats what everone on here is bolting on with 6-8 psi on stock motor??/

·
Registered
298 Posts
I have been stuck on this for the past 6months, I have been debating wether to supercharge or heads n cam. I am just waiting for my tax refund to get here!:werd:
There was a good section in here not too long ago where they went at it with hp numbers supercharged vs N/A. For what you are looking for, you are going to have to supercharge it more then likely. i have talked to many members on here with both and realisticly for 500hp you need to get blown:bigthumb:, heads n cams n bolt ons will be in the 450 range. I think speedlogix got a really good number on a N/A set up recently.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
A big inch, medium to high compression stroker will definitely get you to 500rwhp. You can't just bolt it on at home though.

·
Premium Member
09 RT Challenger auto
3,467 Posts
I had used spray, a zex kit, worked great on stock 5.7 Then I wanted a safe blower, and DCX set me up with a Vortech.
I went from 100% stock 338rwhp to 491rwhp SC added 152rwhp
32.oo bucks per 1 HP
Car gets 22mpg on the highway.
Id go with a 3500 stall TC and a Vortech and run low 12s or high 11s STOCK
FT

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So basically the only way to get 500hp is to get blown. How's the longevity on a SC. How many can you get out of one ?

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
If looking to make an honest 500WHP, I feel the least expensive way is forced induction. Vortech, Procharger, Magnacharger, and Edelbrock are great examples and I have them all for you.

I also have ported heads, cams, strokers etc. But you will quickly reach near supercharger pricing with getting heads, cam, exhaust and install labor but might be 50+whp short.

I like both routes, NA and Forced Induction. It just depends on your budget and ultimate goal.

Tim C

·
Registered
304 Posts
Where did you get your supercharger?:)

Tim C
lol, of course forgot that part. As Tim is pointing out, I got my kit from DCX. Even though I did the install myself, Tim provided great phone support for any questions we had, and their tuner worked with me via phone and email to get the tune to where it drove and performed the best

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok thanks. I'm reallying looking for 500 rwhp and looks like a SC is the way to go. How many miles can you put on one ??

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Miles are not an issue. Modern superchargers can last 100K. Heck,many engines come from the factory with them.

Engine life depends on how you drive it. If you drive any engine as hard as you can all the time, it will fail earlier than the engine that gets babied. I would feel fine having a supercharged hemi as a daily driver.

Tim C

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thats really what I'm looking for. The car is not my
Daily driver but when I'm out on weekends and some
16 yr old kid in his dads new vett revs next to me, I want to smoke him!!!! Or do
Some nice 60 punches on the hwy.. I'll will deffnitally look into a SC
In the next few months .. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
You're going to have a lot of trouble beating a vette unless you add some substantial power. He's got almost 1000 lbs on you and you're making the same power.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts