Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I thought of this today.... saw some threads on the internet, but nothing seems to have been done... I know there must be one out there somewhere... Any how I did this tonight... I know it a very basic picture, but I wanted to get an idea of what it might look like... the real deal pattern is not this tight (the illustrations are larger). Thoughts, good, bad, and is it ugly?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Yikes... Not for me lol. Reminds me of the lace pattern on the ghetto lowriders

·
Registered
‘13 Challenger SRT 6M
2,816 Posts

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, like I said... the pattern is not a 100% on my attempt... But the Mod Top was unique... Its more out of curiosity than anything... I have no idea if anyone around here could even do it or what the cost would be... A very amateur design study..lol... :)

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
I get the heritage and think that's cool, but personally I think there's a reason they didn't build many original mod tops.

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is that a photoshop?

Don't hate it.
No, I went low budget... I copied a snippet of a real mod top. I zoomed in, recolored it in paint, zoomed back out and just copied and pasted it several times over... Whole thing took me about an hour and a half...

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is the pattern I like the most.... just in different shades of orange and tan..

·
Registered
404 Posts
Do what you want bud, it's your car! Looks fine to me.

·
Registered
‘13 Challenger SRT 6M
2,816 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
It's hard to tell, I think there would be a big difference between the photoshop version vs. the real thing - maybe the real thing would look better.

Not sure it would go with the stripes though.

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's hard to tell, I think there would be a big difference between the photoshop version vs. the real thing - maybe the real thing would look better.

Not sure it would go with the stripes though.
Yeah, the real pattern would be bigger.... still on the fence.. it is very busy...lol

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
put down the crack pipe.....dont do it

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Go ahead....Dare ya!
Hahahahahahaha.....

Hey, If I can get someone around to recreate a realistic pattern... and it doesn't cost an arm and a leg... I just might.... lol Beauty of vinyl.... very removable....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts