Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
My '13 R/T had this installed when I purchased it used - a front strut tower brace. I've had them in convertibles and the improved ride quality is quite noticeable as they completely remove all cowl shake. In a Challenger, I don't know if it makes much difference. Hopefully someone that added one after driving without it will jump in with their take on it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
My '13 R/T had this installed when I purchased it used - a front strut tower brace. I've had them in convertibles and the improved ride quality is quite noticeable as they completely remove all cowl shake. In a Challenger, I don't know if it makes much difference. Hopefully someone that added one after driving without it will jump in with their take on it.
I installed front and rear Petty Garage strut tower braces. Huge difference when cornering hard

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
129 Posts
Funny because I put a Petty's in my 2015 R/T and think it is mostly just bling.
When I went to set the car down off the jackstands is when I noticed the increased stiffness in the car. On three stands, one wheel barely dropped when I let the jack down. The "G Force" meters on the EVIC told the story before and after when taking the curves on I-94

Reactions: Frank Julian

·
Registered
5,894 Posts
When I went to set the car down off the jackstands is when I noticed the increased stiffness in the car. On three stands, one wheel barely dropped when I let the jack down. The "G Force" meters on the EVIC told the story before and after when taking the curves on I-94

I am not saying anything other than what I noticed (Seat of the pants) it is a little flatter in the curves, but it is not like a go cart. (I know you did not say Go Cart but that is what I thought when a member a few years ago said he installed one and it felt like the car "was on rails")

·
Registered
638 Posts
Full exhaust
Headers
Cold air intake
a good tune
And of course spark plugs

Missing anything?
What year is it?
What is your end goal?

Lots of people want hp, yet its not the hp you feel its torque. Hp is for all out racecars and not dd's. You need to figure out the end goal before just throwing parts at it. Some will actually make it slower and then your disappointed and scratching your head wondering why its slower.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts