Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Video: https://youtu.be/Lso8_1PcNvE

This is a dodge challenger GT AWD with a v6 Pentastar.

I removed the mufflers and resonators and replaced them with straight piping. I also added a K & N cold air intake under the hood.

Other mods include a phantom grille and blacking out all silver, including the rims, and the reflectors/ tail lights. Also a 20 percent window tint.

On top of all this, I added decepticon logos and a fake hood scoop. Not sure if dumb or not, LOL.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Car looks great minus that silly looking hood scoop.. Now you should get some mopar performance springs to fix that wheel gap (if they will work for AWD).

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,699 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk badnic5. I have to agree on the scoop, sorry. The hood on our cars looks great without. Otherwise, I like it. Which phantom grille? Front clip had to come off to install? And I've never seen tail light covers for the 15-17, where did you get those? Held on by Velcro?

A Guy

·
Registered
2019 Challenger 1320
2,236 Posts
Video: https://youtu.be/Lso8_1PcNvE

This is a dodge challenger GT AWD with a v6 Pentastar.

I removed the mufflers and resonators and replaced them with straight piping. I also added a K & N cold air intake under the hood.

Other mods include a phantom grille and blacking out all silver, including the rims, and the reflectors/ tail lights. Also a 20 percent window tint.

On top of all this, I added decepticon logos and a fake hood scoop. Not sure if dumb or not, LOL.
You asked, so I'll answer:

Get rid of that hood scoop. It's not proportional; it looks cheezy; it looks like what it is, a "stick on" item one would expect to find on a teenager's JDM. Same with the Decepticon badges.

On the other hand, the grille looks nice, as does your "black out" efforts and window tint.

In the end, it's your car, do as you wish.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Car looks great minus that silly looking hood scoop.. Now you should get some mopar performance springs to fix that wheel gap (if they will work for AWD).

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
If changing the springs does anything to mess with the "interceptor" suspension - I would not mess with them.... the GT corners like it's on rails.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I like the blacked out look! But not so much the hood scoop. I've had a couple V6 challengers, the pentastar is a great running engine! Enjoy!

·
Registered
2013 SRT8
1,057 Posts
First off, everybody has their own flavor and do what you like. However, I personally am not a fan of the scoop. Since you were asking. Car looks good though. Keep modding!

Signing off from somewhere in the Universe...

·
Premium Member
2,611 Posts
About the exhaust and going straight pipe...It sounds good, but how bad is the drone??

·
Premium Member
9,675 Posts
You did ask for opinions so I'll answer otherwise I wouldn't offer my view. I'd take the goon scoop off as everyone who knows Challengers knows it a stick on item.
As gas as the exhaust goes it sounds better than I thought it would when reading the description but it's buts and has no depth in the sound. I have the same engine in my 2016 Wrangler and put the Magnaflow Competition Series exhaust in it and after spending $550 for a cat back it less than thrilling sounding and should have left it alone.
Enjoy your car and your time here.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
nice looking Challenger but that scoop has got to go STAT

·
Registered
43 Posts
That look your neighbors give as you roar by is called "stink eye" :mah: good job young man.....now ditch the scoop and carry on.

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Most important feedback I can give you: tell your buddy to record in LANDSCAPE mode, i.e., hold the phone sideways.

Oh, yeah. The hood scoop looks kinda goofy; fake scoop is fake. Otherwise, not bad.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts