Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So im being a cheap skate and i bought an $70 spoiler on ebay thats supposed to be an abs replica of the scat spoiler.
It doesnt have camera built in, so im thinking.. Either mod in a higher res camera of my choosing, or a mopar branded module.

My questions are.
What mopar backup cameras can i use that will wire into the stock 2016 harness? Any from the ram or charger?
Also, does stevewhite offer this module by itself, and wiring harness/extension cables? I havent looked in my trunk to see if the cam harness is available, but im just coming up with ideas right now.
Depending on how this spoiler is built i might open it, and mod in a camera, seal it watertight, and put it on the trunk.

Future plans include a 2016-17- or 18, 8.4 uconnect/usb hub/console button panel
Its gonna be a mish mosh of parts im hoping will mesh together without problems.. but thats later down the road after more research.

Any advice on this?
Thanks

·
Registered
281 Posts
I wouldn't put it in the spoiler. Mount an aftermarket camera above the license plate area. You'll get better images and clarity due to the illumination of the license plate at night. The factory set up in the spoiler is darker at night than I like and based on comparisons with my other vehicle the Challenger camera gets dirtier more often than the one near the license plate in my other car. Food for thought.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts