Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 09 Challenger RT is bone stock. Suspension, brake, rear end, etc. modifications aside, I plan on getting heads/cam/nitrous (100 shot) and get every bolt on I can with it. What can I do to beef up the transmission? What other parts should I watch out for? Mind you this is the first time modding any car so detailed answers would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Which transmission do you have - automatic or manual?

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
your stock transmission should be good up to 525rwhp that seems to be the point where failure occurs.
As for heads and cam it's being worked on but hasn't come to fruition yet... When you decide to do modifications take the time to ask yourself what are your expectations and where so you want to take your build? You have some of the bolt-on mods that will help also. Does your state have strict enforcement with testing? Take your time and do your research I have heard about talk of many new things coming for the 5.7VVT engines...:)
You are also going to want to consider changing out your differential to get rid of the peg leg

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
your stock transmission should be good up to 525rwhp that seems to be the point where failure occurs.
As for heads and cam it's being worked on but hasn't come to fruition yet... When you decide to do modifications take the time to ask yourself what are your expectations and where so you want to take your build? You have some of the bolt-on mods that will help also. Does your state have strict enforcement with testing? Take your time and do your research I have heard about talk of many new things coming for the 5.7VVT engines...:)
You are also going to want to consider changing out your differential to get rid of the peg leg
The differential is definitely going to be replaced before I mess around with the motor. Do you think I should stick to bolt-ons for now and wait to see the options I'll have once more products are released for the 5.7?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts