Dodge Challenger Forum banner
301 - 320 of 342 Posts
Nice quality. The price is a little high for a subscription but I think around $12 of that goes into the shipping. Lisa is there any plan for subcribers to maybe opt out of the first-class shipping? I know many like it but some of us broke people would love to have subscribe and not necessarily have to pay for the super duper envelope. My fiance asked what magazine I was trying to hide and when I showed her she just rolled her eyes.:weird:

Discussion starter · #302 ·
I do have a question. I paid the $25 REOCCURRING subscription on April 15, 2011. That will give me 4 magazines. Am I going to get 3 more mags before PayPal AUTOMATICALLY pays you another $25 on April 15, 2012?

For anyone that does not know, when you buy this subscription PayPal Makes it a pre-approved payment or reoccurring payment and will auto pays Modern Mopar Magazine every year. Same thing if you buy a membership here on ChallengerTalk.

I think the magazine is great. I still need to read more articles but so far so good. However, most of the advertising, how-tos, info, products, etc... I can get here on this forum or on the Internet. I still think it is awesome to have a modern mopar mag!

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app
Before April (when we started receiving subscriptions) we will be canceling those recurring ones and setting up in a new system so that anyone who subscribed prior to our November issue shipping WILL receive 4 issues before they are asked to renew. There will be more details coming in the next couple of months on the new system, but nothing to worry about. We'll take care of setting it all up and all those who supported us prior to November will definitely get the full year of issues.

Nice quality. The price is a little high for a subscription but I think around $12 of that goes into the shipping. Lisa is there any plan for subcribers to maybe opt out of the first-class shipping? I know many like it but some of us broke people would love to have subscribe and not necessarily have to pay for the super duper envelope. My fiance asked what magazine I was trying to hide and when I showed her she just rolled her eyes.:weird:
Thanks for the feedback. More economical shipping is something we will look into, but it may take a few issues for the subscriber volume to increase to make it feasible to take advantage of some true bulk mailing prices. The packaging (in the envelope) is one of the things we have received the post positive feedback over. Perhaps in the future it will be a clear sleeve or a white envelope, but we want the copies to arrive safely and so protecting them is important.

One of the benefits to us doing the packaging and mailing is that we can mail copies every day to new subscribers vs. only mailing once per issue when a mailing house does it in bulk.

I think perhaps in a year from now (when everyone's subscription renewal will be here) we'll have some additional options available. Heck maybe we'll be monthly by 2013. :)

Thanks for the feedback. More economical shipping is something we will look into, but it may take a few issues for the subscriber volume to increase to make it feasible to take advantage of some true bulk mailing prices. The packaging (in the envelope) is one of the things we have received the post positive feedback over. Perhaps in the future it will be a clear sleeve or a white envelope, but we want the copies to arrive safely and so protecting them is important.

One of the benefits to us doing the packaging and mailing is that we can mail copies every day to new subscribers vs. only mailing once per issue when a mailing house does it in bulk.

I think perhaps in a year from now (when everyone's subscription renewal will be here) we'll have some additional options available. Heck maybe we'll be monthly by 2013. :)
In no way was that supposed to be a diss for your mag. Like I said above it's a great quaility. I do understand the desire and convenience of the envelopes and I do hope y'all make it and become monthly soon.:bigthumb:

Discussion starter · #304 ·
In no way was that supposed to be a diss for your mag. Like I said above it's a great quaility. I do understand the desire and convenience of the envelopes and I do hope y'all make it and become monthly soon.:bigthumb:
Thanks and it wasn't taken as a diss. :) Just wanted to give you some more information on our thought process and all that. Really appreciate the feedback and support.

Before April (when we started receiving subscriptions) we will be canceling those recurring ones and setting up in a new system so that anyone who subscribed prior to our November issue shipping WILL receive 4 issues before they are asked to renew. There will be more details coming in the next couple of months on the new system, but nothing to worry about. We'll take care of setting it all up and all those who supported us prior to November will definitely get the full year of issues.

I would like to ask you please what are the benefit of having the 100$ subscription of the first year (I am abroad).
Will there be a special gift in every package sent? (4 every year)?

When's the annual swim suit edition coming out? :)

:bluecap:just got mine today its great! keep up the good work. very informative and i love that we can submit photos for a chance to be in the magazine.:bluecap:

Will this Magazine be available at the news stands or is it mail order only?

Will this Magazine be available at the news stands or is it mail order only?
I'm sure it will be available eventually but if you count yourself as "on the fence" about buying this you really should just go ahead and take the plunge and subscribe. Magazine distribution to stores can be "spotty" at best. In fact they may run out of the 1st issue before they work the kinks out with their distributing arm of the business. By the time that happens they'll be probably be publishing issue #2. Living in or near a large city or town would be an advantage over living in a rural location as your chances of finding a store that chooses to carry this magazine would increase. However you can avoid all this hassle of who will or won't carry Modern Mopar Magazine by simply subscribing right here & now. Just some helpful "food for thought", that's all!

In January hopefully, I will have my Paypal account ready and I will do the international big subscription (100$)..
I will get a gift with every issue :)

We get 15 minutes with Mopar's CEO, Pietro Gorlier, next week for an interview. What do you want us to ask him? We'll take some of your questions along and see what we can get answered for you.
1) How is Chrysler preparing to deal with the performance killing C.A.F.E. requirements coming in 2016? How will it effect your current performance product line up?

2) What is does the future hold for the Dodge Challenger? Will it be restyled or discontinued?

3) Are the rumors true that Dodge will offer a supercharger option with a factory warranty on several of your current vehicles?

There, I think that ought to do it!

Doozle. :bigthumb:

I want to know if Mopar has any plans to work with aftermarket tuning-aid companies (or whatever they're called) to offer any hand-held tuning devices for the '11-and-on cars. If not, then what's their view on performance.

I want to know if Mopar has any plans to work with aftermarket tuning-aid companies (or whatever they're called) to offer any hand-held tuning devices for the '11-and-on cars. If not, then what's their view on performance.
+1!!!

If Chrysler is so worried about not getting their peice of the pie they could at least offer performance computers reminiscent of the recalibrated computers from the 80's and early 90's. Something is better than nothing and Chrysler still wins.:bigthumb:

MMM: The most common criticism that we receive about Mopar Performance is the inability to “tune” the new 6.4L HEMI. We’ve even talked with several tuner shops that say Chrysler is not only missing out on millions of dollars, but that they’re also losing customers who are going to other OEMs that make it much easier to perform engine modifications.
Is Mopar aware of this? Are there plans to open up these cars so that tuners can perform mods? And might we see the availability of superchargers and turbochargers in the future?

PG: We are well aware of the tuning issue because we have been listening closely. In fact, I have received a great number of letters from consumers expressing their discontent.

What I want people to understand is that we spent a great deal of time ‘righting the ship’ here at Chrysler and we had certain priorities that needed our attention first. But make no mistake about it, performance tuning is absolutely on the map for us. In fact, we will likely be working with several aftermarket tuners in order to address our ECM encryption. A strategy is in the process.

When it comes to superchargers and turbochargers, we’re looking at them just like we are tuning. It is part of our strategy.

Bottom line: stay tuned.
Oh the irony...:cowsmile:

301 - 320 of 342 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.