Dodge Challenger Forum banner

41 - 60 of 342 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
I think I subscribed. It defaulted to have me setup a Paypal account after I put in my ccard info. I have no desire for a Paypal account so maybe it processesd, maybe not. If it did, hopefully its in time to get the first issue.

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I think I subscribed. It defaulted to have me setup a Paypal account after I put in my ccard info. I have no desire for a Paypal account so maybe it processesd, maybe not. If it did, hopefully its in time to get the first issue.
What is your name, we can check for you. Thanks!

·
Registered
463 Posts
PM with my name & info sent

·
Premium Member
486 Posts
Quick question: When should subscribers see the 1st issue in their mailbox? FWIW, i like the magazine heading change, its more fitting to the original "Mopar' look!

Thanks!
Doozle.

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Quick question: When should subscribers see the 1st issue in their mailbox? FWIW, i like the magazine heading change, its more fitting to the original "Mopar' look!

Thanks!
Doozle.
Thanks, we like it, too! The reason for the change is a good one ... MOPAR asked us to include their official logo into ours! We are licensed to use the MOPAR logo now so we went back to the drawing board a bit to create a new look and revise the cover. Glad you like the change, thanks for the feedback!

Our goal is mid-July for the first issue, but with some of the delays (above) it may get pushed back a little bit. IF we do push it back, we have some special things in store for subscribers to make it well worth the wait ... can you say FREEBIES!

MMM

·
Banned
675 Posts
Do you obtain our address from our paypal payment, or do we need to send it in an email?

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
thanks very much!! I work Sundays at the biggest bookstore chain in the country and spend a good part of my shift reading all the car/truck magazines I can while ringing up customers. I bought my challenger about 2 months ago and was surprised that I could NOT find a good MOPAR magazine for the modern MOPARS. THis sounds great. Hope your magazine will be in our store! I will make sure all of our MOPAR customers know about it.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Almost double the subscription price for Canadians?

Count me out.

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Do you obtain our address from our paypal payment, or do we need to send it in an email?
We receive it with the payment, so as long as that is correct you are all set.

thanks very much!! I work Sundays at the biggest bookstore chain in the country and spend a good part of my shift reading all the car/truck magazines I can while ringing up customers. I bought my challenger about 2 months ago and was surprised that I could NOT find a good MOPAR magazine for the modern MOPARS. THis sounds great. Hope your magazine will be in our store! I will make sure all of our MOPAR customers know about it.
Very cool, thank you!

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Almost double the subscription price for Canadians?

Count me out.
Sorry to hear that! We have to charge more due to the shipping costs, and actually charge less than what we found to be the industry standard. Perhaps in the future we will have a large enough volume shipping internationally to seek alternatives and be able to lower the cost, but as a new magazine this is the best we can do to ensure reliable delivery to you.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Sorry to hear that! We have to charge more due to the shipping costs, and actually charge less than what we found to be the industry standard. Perhaps in the future we will have a large enough volume shipping internationally to seek alternatives and be able to lower the cost, but as a new magazine this is the best we can do to ensure reliable delivery to you.
I would have to agree with DJR on this one as a fellow Canadian. I don't know exactly how you are planning on mailing the mags to Canada but it does not cost that much to do it four times a year. Did you price it based on First-Class Priority Diamond Platinum Delivery or something?

I have a lot of family in the states, as I was born there, and when they mail me things it is not that much more expensive by regular US Postal Service.

BTW - this is one of the reasons I don't subscribe to mags in general or buy most books up here as the publishers still have a huge mark-up on Canadian sales, even though our dollar is worth more and has been for quite a while. :disgust:

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
I understand your frustration and wish we could offer something much less expensive for you. It's an extra $19.80 just in USPS costs to ship the 4 issues to Canada so we aren't making money on the surcharge, just ensuring the issues arrive to you.

We are a grassroots team working hard to bring you the first and only magazine dedicated to our cars, so going forward as the company grows and subscription numbers increase we can bring savings by economies of scale bringing our cost down.

Thanks for sharing your concerns, we do appreciate hearing the good and bad and will do the best we can for you always.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
will it be available on Zinio?

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
even though our dollar is worth more and has been for quite a while. :disgust:
While it is entirely possible I am mis-interpreting the exchange rate, the U.S./Canadian exchange rate is virtually 1:1 over the past 120 days, with the U.S. dollar actually being a bit stronger for most of that period. It is currently .977908 Canadian to 1 U.S. Dollar.

:fight:

41 - 60 of 342 Posts