Dodge Challenger Forum banner

61 - 80 of 342 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
We have an online version in the works, but not currently through them.
Cool, let us know when the online stuff is ready and I will probably buy. I'm not doing paper magazines anymore, my house is already filled with the things :)

·
Registered
463 Posts
Thank you. Sending you a reply now. :)

Please check your PM, sent payment & mailing info. Couldn't get the payment through otherwise. Paypal says I have an existing accouint with my email address but I dont. Oh well. Please process and I'm looking forward to the first issue.

Suggestion: There's been interest for valve covers for our modern hemis that replicate the Gen 2 426 type. Mancini sells a set made by Indy and there may be others. I read somewhere that Mopar was even considering making them. I would like to see an article about these, the installation, effects from putting the coils under the intake, finished results, etc. A lot of us detail our engine compartments and this mod fits in well.

Thanks, Rick

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
While it is entirely possible I am mis-interpreting the exchange rate, the U.S./Canadian exchange rate is virtually 1:1 over the past 120 days, with the U.S. dollar actually being a bit stronger for most of that period. It is currently .977908 Canadian to 1 U.S. Dollar.

:fight:
I think you might be looking at your banks exchange rates, which always shave points to make money whether buying or selling currency, and not the open financial market trading positions.

The Canadian dollar has been trading for above the U.S. dollar since sometime in Dec/2010. Just look at the following link and you can see exactly what I am referring to Canadian Dollar to US Dollar (/CADUS) - Stock chart, Index chart - MSN Money

Up here we are still getting hosed over many prices on products that come from the U.S. But with the advent of something called the internet prices are easily found on items and I will regularly call a company on their pricing strategy. It has made many U.S. based companies who have stores in the Canadian market more accountable. And it has gotten me some good prices on items so I don't always have to order online for delivery to my U.S. delivery address or drive down and go shopping, as I never get back without spending at least $300+ and 8 or more hours.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I understand your frustration and wish we could offer something much less expensive for you. It's an extra $19.80 just in USPS costs to ship the 4 issues to Canada so we aren't making money on the surcharge, just ensuring the issues arrive to you.

We are a grassroots team working hard to bring you the first and only magazine dedicated to our cars, so going forward as the company grows and subscription numbers increase we can bring savings by economies of scale bringing our cost down.

Thanks for sharing your concerns, we do appreciate hearing the good and bad and will do the best we can for you always.
Thanks for sharing your shipping price as now I can understand why the extra $20 for the Canadian orders. I will most likely subscribe in the next few weeks.

That being said I would also be very interested in an online subscription.

Keep up the good work as the articles you have available to read currently are good.

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
I think you might be looking at your banks exchange rates, which always shave points to make money whether buying or selling currency, and not the open financial market trading positions.

The Canadian dollar has been trading for above the U.S. dollar since sometime in Dec/2010. Just look at the following link and you can see exactly what I am referring to Canadian Dollar to US Dollar (/CADUS) - Stock chart, Index chart - MSN Money

Up here we are still getting hosed over many prices on products that come from the U.S. But with the advent of something called the internet prices are easily found on items and I will regularly call a company on their pricing strategy. It has made many U.S. based companies who have stores in the Canadian market more accountable. And it has gotten me some good prices on items so I don't always have to order online for delivery to my U.S. delivery address or drive down and go shopping, as I never get back without spending at least $300+ and 8 or more hours.
Good enough explanation for me...

·
Registered
463 Posts
Did you get my payment info? Haven't had a response to my PM, that's why I'm asking here.

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Please check your PM, sent payment & mailing info. Couldn't get the payment through otherwise. Paypal says I have an existing accouint with my email address but I dont. Oh well. Please process and I'm looking forward to the first issue.

Suggestion: There's been interest for valve covers for our modern hemis that replicate the Gen 2 426 type. Mancini sells a set made by Indy and there may be others. I read somewhere that Mopar was even considering making them. I would like to see an article about these, the installation, effects from putting the coils under the intake, finished results, etc. A lot of us detail our engine compartments and this mod fits in well.

Thanks, Rick
Thank you, we received your information! I'm not going to run your credit card until the first issue is ready to go out, but your subscription information is in our system, so you are all set there.

Also, thanks for the story suggestion! That sounds like a good idea.

I think this mag will be a hit...long overdue.....subscription sent :)
Thanks very much!

Thanks for sharing your shipping price as now I can understand why the extra $20 for the Canadian orders. I will most likely subscribe in the next few weeks.

That being said I would also be very interested in an online subscription.

Keep up the good work as the articles you have available to read currently are good.
I appreciate it, and thanks for the support. Your input is great!

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
magazine

Just signed up for the magazine. How long till ya have some t-shirts and decals, and stuff like that ? please make the shirts some other color besides white and make em big. good luck with the magazine too, hope its a bighit. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
517 Posts
Subscribed to the new magazine and looking forward to reading it from cover to cover. In a shameless attempt to have you consider one of my rides:

Pic of the Black Widow at Arrington Performance.

Pic of the Texas Reaper prior to shipment to Arrington Performance

·
Registered
463 Posts
I'm partial to the Reaper myself :)

·
Registered
463 Posts
Thank you, we received your information! I'm not going to run your credit card until the first issue is ready to go out, but your subscription information is in our system, so you are all set there.

Also, thanks for the story suggestion! That sounds like a good idea.

Thanks very much!

I appreciate it, and thanks for the support. Your input is great!
If you guys need a guinea pig to test the valve covers, get install pics
and run a long term test let me know. As a side note, it would be nice if a mag had a long term test section for mods.

7,359 Posts
Just clicked to subscribe and it give an error and says vendors web site has issues with paypal etc... Ill try again later as I wanted to sign up today for Premier Subscriber* – $100 / year.. Cant wait :)

·
Registered
517 Posts
Just clicked to subscribe and it give an error and says vendors web site has issues with paypal etc... Ill try again later as I wanted to sign up today for Premier Subscriber* – $100 / year.. Cant wait :)
I did the same thing yesterday and just checked PayPal account. It did go through according to PayPal so may wnat to try again.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Yea you driven the Black Widow and think you are influenced by its raw power! LOL

Thanks rixkix as I usually have a hard time deciding which to drive.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Thanks for the ride notsure, really enjoyed it!

61 - 80 of 342 Posts