Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After getting a flat a month or so ago I decided I need to get a spare for my car so my choice was between modernspare and performancespare. When I tried to access the performancespare website I got this big warning about it being an unsafe website so I had to pass. Spoke to Matt at modernspare and placed order today. I will post again when I receive it with my comments. Also ordered the gorilla lock "the system", p/n 96643BDX once I found out how damn expensive those forged wheels were to replace.

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,202 Posts
On a side note, I just ordered new tires for my SPS with Dynamics package (275/40-20) and I will be keeping a pair of the old ones. When I go on a trip I can take a spare TIRE (no rim) with me, and pack inside it, so it doesn't take up as much space. If I do have a tire go out on me, I can at least get it swapped on anywhere without waiting for a custom ordered tire to arrive, or have to pay hundreds. BUT, I really do like the modernspare offering, including the tools. I have 2 of those extendable lug tools, and they are great. $400 for complete kit with spacer and carrying case is steep, but that buys you a lot of piece of mind as well.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
certain chrysler 300 OEM spare tires will also work, as they will clear the brembo's. if you can one of them at a wrecking yard, its very affoardable option.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
certain chrysler 300 OEM spare tires will also work, as they will clear the brembo's. if you can one of them at a wrecking yard, its very affoardable option.
I assume not the 6 piston fronts though, but carrying that same spacer, or just doing a wheel swap could get around that as well.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
20200115_105123.jpg

New Gorilla Locks (Amazon) and my new spare with adapter from Modernspare. Fits just fine in the trunk well and hopefully it stays right where it is for as long as I own the car!

·
Premium Member
Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack
104 Posts
I bought the ModernSpare wheel, jack, tools and spacer combo setup for my 2016 Scat Pack with the 4 piston Brembo calipers up front. I test fit the spare and I don't need the spacer. Called Matt and he is going to refund me $40 to return it. Unfortunately that cost me $17 on postage.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
View attachment 984914 View attachment 984915

New Gorilla Locks (Amazon) and my new spare with adapter from Modernspare. Fits just fine in the trunk well and hopefully it stays right where it is for as long as I own the car!
I get it, hopefully you wasted your money, better then needing it. But if you do need it, better then sitting on the side of the road.
Also, in the first picture, that is a TON of wheel weights stuck in there. Did the shop that put that on try to get it better?
What I used to do back in the day (1982,1983...) was, balance a tire, if it seemed to take a lot of weight (more than what I removed) we would break it down off the bead, and mark it, then rotate it 1/3 a turn and rebalance, and do it again, and pick the best. If both were better and about the same put it opposite and leave it, or maybe even put it back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts