Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I'm not looking to do an SC, turbo, or rebuild at this time. After reading though some of these threads and some stickys it looks like the way to go would be to start out with a rebuild when you get serious about adding HP. Right now I just cant afford that.

I've got a Borla catback and a TruFlow CAI. Not really sure exactly how much HP I've gained with those 2 but I'm guessing around 25HP??? Would a predator or trinity tune & headers give me much more HP. I'm guessing one of the tuners would be 1st on the list.

Anyone?

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Chris They say that a tunner don't add HP but on my RT Auto and my seat of my pants Dyno it sure feels faster with a 93 CAI tune.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
A predator or trinity will help down the road as well. You may want to consider picking up a set or SRT shorties. The stock RT manifolds are very restrictive.

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A predator or trinity will help down the road as well. You may want to consider picking up a set or SRT shorties. The stock RT manifolds are very restrictive.

I was thinking about shorty headers.....Is the SRT standard manifold as good as some commercial headers? Any idea how much hp that (SRT manifold) might give me

·
Registered
487 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Mods

Hello,

LT's and high flow mids will give you about 30 RWHP. If you go that route you would have to get a professional tune.

Shorties will give you a little more than stock and give you a little louder exhaust note.

Hedman part# 72620 Click part# for photo stainless steel shorties.

The Predator and T-1000 will give you added RWHP & Torques also they say 25 to 30 RWHP & 30 ft lbs or torque.

Please feel free to call, email or PM me anytime with questions or for low Forum pricing.

Regards,
Don
JDP Motorsports
888-308-6007

·
Registered
495 Posts

Hedman part# 72620 Click part# for photo stainless steel shorties.

Regards,
Don
JDP Motorsports
888-308-6007
Don
A few months ago I asked if anyone had experience with the Hedman shorties on the R/T Forum. No one at that time had but there was a lot of discussion on the port shape. The Hedman ports look oval rather than D shaped. Have you seen them or installed them? Are the ports oval or D shaped? The JBA shorties for 2009-2010 clearly have D shaped ports.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Heads on the RT

Don
A few months ago I asked if anyone had experience with the Hedman shorties on the R/T Forum. No one at that time had but there was a lot of discussion on the port shape. The Hedman ports look oval rather than D shaped. Have you seen them or installed them? Are the ports oval or D shaped? The JBA shorties for 2009-2010 clearly have D shaped ports.
Hello,

I have have a call into the R&D department at Hedman. The photo they show of the product is defiantly oval and the header gasket is more square or D shape. I will get back to after I talk to R&D at Hedman.

Regards,
Don
JDP Motorsports
888-308-6007

1 - 8 of 8 Posts