Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey yall I just got a scat pack shaker and wondering what are some mods that I should try and do to have it running even better and maybe help the appearance of it. Or what are some that yall have done to your scats? Also what size tires do yall recommend buying, I just want to have traction and possibly avoid spinning out.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Dodge didn't leave much hp on the table with this motor. Best performance mod might be some good 285 or 305/315 tires to put that power down efficiently. Pilot Sports and DWS06 tires get good reviews by Challenger owners.

·
Premium Member
1,107 Posts
As above, focus on suspension, tires and handling. Shock towers, sway bars, shocks will give you the biggest bang for your buck.

If you want to do some drive train work, the mid muffler delete is a good idea. Keep you rear resonators or you will have drone.

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
Big question, will recieve lots of answers !!!
Tires, camber bolts, bushings, lowered, not lowered or delve into more hp smoother intake and out going gases meaning transition area of cai and cat back or full exhaust replacement.
The road is here and take your time, and then just haul.............smoking the tires !!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As above, focus on suspension, tires and handling. Shock towers, sway bars, shocks will give you the biggest bang for your buck.

If you want to do some drive train work, the mid muffler delete is a good idea. Keep you rear resonators or you will have drone.
Forged Pistons, a blower, cam, headers, high flow cats, Active Exhaust delete.
Yea but with the way gas is now would that be a good idea? It's gonna be my daily. And is it true that you have to use 93 for it? That's what I had heard but wanted to check and see too.

Custom dyno tune and long tubes IMO.
Whats a good brand for long tube headers?

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
9,040 Posts
Yea but with the way gas is now would that be a good idea? It's gonna be my daily. And is it true that you have to use 93 for it? That's what I had heard but wanted to check and see too.
You need 93 for your Scat anyway. If you care about gas prices, you bought the wrong car, especially if you want to mod this one. You always keep your daily and your toy separate and if you can't afford 2 cars, you can't afford a toy.

As for headers I run Kooks and Kooks high flow cats. I recommend save your money, buy a work car then tear into the Scat, dive it on nice days. Once you start fooling with stuff, you are more likely than not to have a day where it is out of service. (Ask me how I know).

·
Premium Member
11,038 Posts
Yes, you need to run premium in you engine, it’s not a choice. Why not drive it and get to know it before tossing wads if money in parts at it. New tires will cost enough to buy plenty of fuel to cruise around with. Find out your dealers reputation on certain upgrades so you do get hassled for it. A catch can to collect oil vapor from collecting in your intake is valuable but some dealers look to start over things like that “just because “. If your car is a manual then a skip shift eliminator is extremely well with the $20 investment.
A dash cam is nice to have as it’s your witness to idiots on the road should something occur while out driving and can go in whatever you’re driving even if you rent on a vacation.
Enjoy the new car, stay safe.

·
Premium Member
11,038 Posts
I changed a few things but kept all the original parts so it can go fully back to as it was delivered.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just got my SPS yesterday and I am in love. Idk what everyone talks about with the tires spinning mine have been good so far might just have to leave the 245's on there

Yes, you need to run premium in you engine, it’s not a choice. Why not drive it and get to know it before tossing wads if money in parts at it. New tires will cost enough to buy plenty of fuel to cruise around with. Find out your dealers reputation on certain upgrades so you do get hassled for it. A catch can to collect oil vapor from collecting in your intake is valuable but some dealers look to start over things like that “just because “. If your car is a manual then a skip shift eliminator is extremely well with the $20 investment.
A dash cam is nice to have as it’s your witness to idiots on the road should something occur while out driving and can go in whatever you’re driving even if you rent on a vacation.
Enjoy the new car, stay safe.
I appreciate it man thanks

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Just got my SPS yesterday and I am in love. Idk what everyone talks about with the tires spinning mine have been good so far might just have to leave the 245's on there
Wait until you're done with the break in period. You'll change your mind then. :LOL:

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
1,049 Posts
I dont know why Dodge puts 245's on a SP with 9" wide wheels. Just so lame and cheap.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts