Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really enjoy reading all the posts about all the mods for the Challenger and wanted to pass along a real disturbing issue regarding mods from another manufacturer. My friend has 5.0 (coyote) Mustang and I was reading about their #8 cylinder failures as a design flaw on some Mustang sites and came across Ford's response. Ford issued a TSB (It's real) instructing dealers to void any engine warranty claim if there is (or was ) any modification to the power train including tuneing, CAI's, and even exhaust mods such as cat backs. I hope this is not setting a trend. Don't shoot the messanger please.

·
Premium Member
9,666 Posts
I'm not saying that what you heard isn't a fact. There are things like the federal magnusson - moss warranty act. They (Ford) must prove the mod caused the failure of the item in question.

Reactions: easchner

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Google "mustang #8 cylinder failure" and read some of the hue and cry from mustang owners, Magnusson Moss not withstanding. It seems Ford is really playing hardball.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
The #8 cyl failure on the 5.0's were from tune issues. That issue has been fixed in the tuning community. Its hard to explain what was going on so I wont. LOL

Ill leave it at this......14.7 to 1 Air Fuel Ratio at WOT is not a good thing to the hottest piston which is #8 on the 5.0s'..........

1 - 4 of 4 Posts