Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up a 2016 R/T Shaker and I'm looking to do something with my intake system. I've heard that with the shaker hood design my options may be limited in regards to adding a drop in. I also plan on installing a catch can. I would appreciate some suggestions.

-Marshall

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hellcat Airbox for R/T Shaker

I'm looking at picking up the hellcat airbox with headlight intake and was wondering if this product is compatible with the shaker model. I'll add the link below. Also, is it safe to have the headlight intake for a daily driver? Could debris/water enter through the inlet and cause damage? Will this violate the warranty?
https://www.speedlogixstore.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=SX-HC-ABIT

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
I'm looking at picking up the hellcat airbox with headlight intake and was wondering if this product is compatible with the shaker model. I'll add the link below. Also, is it safe to have the headlight intake for a daily driver? Could debris/water enter through the inlet and cause damage? Will this violate the warranty?
https://www.speedlogixstore.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=SX-HC-ABIT
I believe what you need is this. Someone else can confirm.

Mopar Headlight Inlet Tube for Mopar CAI 2015-2017 3.6L/5.7L/392/6.4L Challenger

It's the same intake tube the T/A and Hellcat use, why would it break warranty? I have both headlights open, no problems so far, even in rain.

·
Super Moderator
15,344 Posts
Get the part that Praise had linked - I have that on my SP Shaker - I like it better, as its a flexible rubber duct that fits over the headlight fixture.
all you have to do is drill four holes in the CAI box, install the plastic push pin retainers and you're done. There's a ~ 3" x 3" square hole in front of the Shaker CAI airbox. This duct mates up to that and fits the opening properly.

The 'Cat duct is a rigid fiber item that sits just behind the headlight - so there's a gap between the duct and the fixture.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,516 Posts
The 'Cat duct is a rigid fiber item that sits just behind the headlight - so there's a gap between the duct and the fixture.
I bought the Cat one because I did not feel like cutting a big whole in the RT air box but that gap you speak of can be fixed with some high quality window sealer. :wink3: But the tube Praise list is a winner!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts