Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to go ahead and order a few of the mods for my 2012 RT before it comes in so they are sitting at the house ready to install, or even better have them put in before I go pick it up.

Im assuming my options are going to be limited right now since the aftermarket isnt producing much for the 2012s. I mostly want to do exhaust, CAI, and tuner for now. Tuner I know is out of the question untill Preditor catches up to the model year.

So what can I do now? Is anyone making a catback for the 12's? I want the most aggresive sound I can get. Is just removing the resonators and putting in new mufflers the only option for now? Can I have a catback fabricated?

For the CAI, is that an option yet or do I have to wait? Is that something that can be fabricated?

Are they any other mods that Im missing that can be done on the 2012's or do I need to wait to do anything?

·
Registered
116 Posts
unless they've made some major changes to the exhaust on these cars you should be able to use a 2011 or 2010 cat back ststem on the car. I have a 2010 solo performance mach-x on my car which is a 2011 no fitment issues what so ever.

·
Registered
531 Posts
+1.

2011 exhaust should work fine. I'd recommend Zoomers for best tone AND volume without drone, but you'll get lots of opinions I'm sure.

Don't hold your breath for a tuner and so far basic philosophy for the 2011 was that the stock air box was as good or BETTER than any CAI offered. The 2011 KN filter is all most 2011s are doing in this department that I know of. I'm assuming all this is the same for 2012 cars as I know of no changes to the engine, in take, frame, etc.

Hurst shifter should work too if you want.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have a 2011. I didn't realize the air box was that good. I was also planning on a CAI at some point. Good to know.

I just ordered zoomers today. Can't wait

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Get Zoomers and call it a day. You will get all the sound you could want.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts