Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 392 shaker and 5k at hand for mods. I'm not on expert on modding vehicles so i don't know where to start. what would be some essential power/ aesthetic mods that I can install with my budget. im on the go so I don't have the best pic of the car at hand.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Wheels tires /suspension. 5 grand will definitely get you a nice setup with good tires and coils.

I guess it really depends what the end goal is with your car.

5 grand might get you a nice set of cnc heads too ;)

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
I would get a catch can and use the money for wheels/tires. I can not find anything wrong with how it runs. Perhaps a pedal commander??? Relatively cheap.

Reactions: trippytro

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
-catch can
-rear drag radials
-180 tstat
-splash guards
-window tint
-front end clear bra
-door sill guards
-paint protection/ceramic coating(however not very important on white cars)
-tune/pcm

·
Registered
716 Posts
As one poster said, it all depends on what your trying to achieve. But to maximize what you already have - go with 275 tires all around, if it won't take 275's on the front - stagger them with 255's on the front and 275's on the back. That should set you back around 12-1500 depending on the tires. Then, perhaps some headers (short for low to mid range power, or long tube for higher range horsepower (and better exhaust scavenging) which will cost around 13-1500 minus install. Finally a 274 or 270 Comp cam, which will run around 4-500 without installation. Get it professionally tuned. That should do it - maybe an after market exhaust if any money left or down the road. You might be slightly over your budget - depends on what they are charging to install. Good luck.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
^^^Our cars come with shorty tube headers from the factory.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Wondering what your outcome was. I am in the same boat - 392 shaker and want to get some more hp out of the car. I’ve been thinking about a pcm and tuner along with cam, headers and exhaust. Would like to hear what you went with. Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts