Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning! (Selling my 2011 srt to a relative this month) and so I'm picking up a 2019 scat pack widebody within the next month or so..

Was wondering which mods I could/should think about getting. Not going to take the car to the track it but I don't mind spending some money to improve the car and make it even better.

I'll likely have a professional install anything that might get complicated such as a full catback exhaust etc.

For example.. Protective film, catch can, maybe Zoomers catback exhaust, etc.

Any other recommendations such as CAI (if installing these makes a difference anymore), diablo tuner, etc.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
7,318 Posts
Congratulations on your Scat Pack WB. I can't help with your go-fast mods. My car is stock and I like it that way (except for the headlight air cleaner mod).

·
Registered
15,846 Posts
Congratulations on the new car and I wouldn't touch a thing on that new WB except to protect the paint from rocks off the wide tires.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,149 Posts
Same here and agree with the HC box/tube mod. That's all that I've done along with a catch can.

These engines are already squeezing out fantastic hp to ci's from the factory.

Yes more can be had, but it costs BIG BUCKS for every single HP added.

I always suggest leaving it alone and driving it for a while. If you're not happy at that point, then you have decisions to make.

Best of luck

Reactions: Unicorn

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Same here and agree with the HC box/tube mod. That's all that I've done along with a catch can.

These engines are already squeezing out fantastic hp to ci's from the factory.

Yes more can be had, but it costs BIG BUCKS for every single HP added.

I always suggest leaving it alone and driving it for a while. If you're not happy at that point, then you have decisions to make.

Best of luck
What do recommend? My apologies :) thanks!

·
Registered
10,149 Posts
There are OEM/factory parts that can be added.

Check with Luke at Steve White. He's a vendor(dodge dealer) that can set you up for a HC bottom box and tube that goes to the inner headlight on your model.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There are OEM/factory parts that can be added.

Check with Luke at Steve White. He's a vendor(dodge dealer) that can set you up for a HC bottom box and tube that goes to the inner headlight on your model.
Ah yes the hellcat airbox? I saw people talking about this. This would instead of a CAI intake option?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yes hellcat airbox, switch mid mufflers with 24250 dynomax mini race bullets, nittoNT555r tires, ported Fastman 84mm throttle body and a tune if you don't care about warranty.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes hellcat airbox, switch mid mufflers with 24250 dynomax mini race bullets, nittoNT555r tires, ported Fastman 84mm throttle body and a tune if you don't care about warranty.

Could I do full catback Zoomers instead of the switch mid mufflers with 24250 dynomax mini race bullets?

How does that throttle body (fastman 84mm) compare to a hellcat 95mm throttle body?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Not sure about the zoomers. I have the race bullets and they sound great. A throttle body bigger than 84mm probably won't really make a difference on the 392 due to the restrictions of the intake manifold.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not sure about the zoomers. I have the race bullets and they sound great. A throttle body bigger than 84mm probably won't really make a difference on the 392 due to the restrictions of the intake manifold.

Oh okay..was only asking as a friend chose to got the 95mm.

Do I need a tune with the throttle body or will be okay without it for now?

·
Registered
31 Posts
You can do the throttle body without a tune

·
Registered
324 Posts
Just get the drag radials and a footprint gas pedal.

Okay, maybe not the footprint gas pedal. But definitely get the drag radials and some mud flaps as the leading edge of the rear flairs get eaten up by road debris.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,623 Posts
Rock guards to protect from chips, whatever paint protection you can justify

A Guy

·
Registered
168 Posts
Get a peddle tuner. Won't impact warranty and will make a huge difference in the way the car feels.

I don't see gaining anything from a throttle body.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Could I do full catback Zoomers instead of the switch mid mufflers with 24250 dynomax mini race bullets?

How does that throttle body (fastman 84mm) compare to a hellcat 95mm throttle body?
You can install the catback yourself, it’s fairly easy. The Tb is a waste of money on a stock engine(no offense to the guy above). If you get to the point where you really start moving more air (heads, cam, headers, etc..) then I’d go with a Tb , but 88mm or better, and only a true bore.
Get yourself some drag radials so you can put some power down , then assess your next move. If you’re going to void the warranty and proceed to upgrade power , then a tune is essential. eBay longtubes(equal length primaries)have proven to be very good $/Hp ~600$ all in not including install. Hellcat box or an lmi(pricey, but proven)are the ONLY intakes I’d recommend, unless you fab your own. At that point to scratch the itch , you can go with an 88mm Tb. Now you’re about to go down the rabbit hole , so we’ll stop here for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 SRT392 A8 in white pearl coat
1,380 Posts
A quality catch can is the best idea, and I'd put it on the car on day one. The forum has done some extensive research on this and the data we've assembled is conclusive. There is no good reason to wait even one day on this. Though it it doesn't give you any MORE power, it can help prevent your engine from LOSING what it already has.

Second, I assume this wide body SP does NOT come with the 6 piston Brembo front brakes. If it does, I would switch out the front pads for something less aggressive on those 1000 dollar front rotors. We've done a lot of research on that subject as well.

·
Registered
583 Posts
A quality catch can is the best idea, and I'd put it on the car on day one. The forum has done some extensive research on this and the data we've assembled is conclusive. There is no good reason to wait even one day on this. Though it it doesn't give you any MORE power, it can help prevent your engine from LOSING what it already has.

Second, I assume this wide body SP does NOT come with the 6 piston Brembo front brakes. If it does, I would switch out the front pads for something less aggressive on those 1000 dollar front rotors. We've done a lot of research on that subject as well.
Here we go again..........
Op , if you want a catch can to go along with all the cool kids , then by all means get one. My advice is DO NOT spend a lot of money on one. These are NOT direct injection engines nor are they forced induction, a catch can is NOT a necessary item. And will NOT rob your engine if Hp if you don’t have one. More internet propaganda. I’m really not going to get into it , because it’s just not worth the fight. Point is you don’t need it , if YOU must have one , find a cheap used one, there are plenty out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51 Posts
I had pretty much the same questions about performance mods while I was waiting for my SCWB to show up. After having it for a month now, I can't justify doing anything but what I've done already. This thing is a blast to drive as-is! I did ceramic coat it and some PFF on the lower parts to keep the rocks from doing damage to the paint. I love everything about it. I have been putting it into sport mode every time I drive it. Love the crackle out of the exhaust when I lift.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Listen to the SP exhaust before you go crazy trying to find another one. Factory tuned 2.75” help that engine make almost 500 crank hp. Sounds great too, and you have loud/quiet mode.

My vote goes for better wheels and tires, HC box like most people mentioned, and exhaust if you really want

1 - 20 of 83 Posts