Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Appearance - White Katzkin seats by Mopar, Hurst shifter (cue ball) or Mopar 10 shifter, Mopar door sills

Performance- Mopar CAI, Mopar or Magnaflow exhaust, Predator 91 octane tune (or 93?), lowering kit for springs to give the car a similar stance to that of the SRT-8. I have the STP, so I am not sure what to do on this one...

With these modifications, I think car would look awesomely retro and perform a bit better. How many have done some of the above? Any warranty issues? Experiences or suggestions please. My car is orange with white stripes. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
My service manager says there is no warranty issue with a Mopar CAI. The CAI doesn't have a warranty but it doesn't affect your warranty on the car. Diablosport says if yoiu put the stock tune back in before taking the car in for work their Cann tunes will not void the warranty. I don't have the rest so I don't know.

·
Registered
171 Posts
GREAT plans dude!!! What you're thinking is a perfect place to start for sure!!!

We can help you with all of those mods. I have Magnaflow on my Charger, with a slight "tweak" to the rear mufflers!! And I looooooooooove it. However, the Corsa (Mopar) on my 300 sounds exotic, and I dig it as well. Tough call, but BOTH sound amazing, just in different ways.

Springs are available from a few different brands, here's a full page from the brands we offer.....

Lowering Springs

You wouldn't run into any warranty issues with a CAI, exhaust, and lowering springs. So I wouldn't worry about any of that. Just be sure to put the tune back to "stock" before paying the dealer a visit, if you plan on them hooking up the Starscan tool. Other than that, you should be 100% fine!! :)

Please shoot me a PM or an email with any questions. And nice to see you and the wife with a nice Mopar garage, like me and my wife as well!!! :)

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Performance mod: Supercharger! I have the performance mods you listed, waiting on the Eibach suspension (money).

I recently discovered my times were up to .5 secs SLOWER using Predator and 91 oct tune. 10 runs, 5 each plus time to cool down engine. I'm going to use the modified stock tune with some performance tweaks available.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Performance mod: Supercharger! I have the performance mods you listed, waiting on the Eibach suspension (money).

I recently discovered my times were up to .5 secs SLOWER using Predator and 91 oct tune. 10 runs, 5 each plus time to cool down engine. I'm going to use the modified stock tune with some performance tweaks available.
So the Predator made the car SLOWER? I'm not going to go crazy with mods like a supercharger. I'll just wait and buy a 392 if I am going to that kind of stuff. The tune was the last thing I was going to do anyway. I guess I'll have to rethink my strategy.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
So the Predator made the car SLOWER? I'm not going to go crazy with mods like a supercharger. I'll just wait and buy a 392 if I am going to that kind of stuff. The tune was the last thing I was going to do anyway. I guess I'll have to rethink my strategy.
You be the judge, here's a link to my runs:

RT Predator vs. Stock Tunes - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

Also, I'm not trying to diss the predator, however, I was very surprised with my results. I will be doing this again. I'll bet at least 80% of the members here have one. Don't jump to conclusions just yet...

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have the Predator and noticed a big difference in off the line and shifting performance. No increase in MPG and i don't run my car at the track !!! However ! I run the 91 tune and when the dealer took it off for a few weeks to do and uprade, my car felt like a doggggg. Put it back and the smile returned to my face :) Worth the $$$ :)))
Catch can coming.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I have the Predator and noticed a big difference in off the line and shifting performance. No increase in MPG and i don't run my car at the track !!! However ! I run the 91 tune and when the dealer took it off for a few weeks to do and uprade, my car felt like a doggggg. Put it back and the smile returned to my face :) Worth the $$$ :)))
Catch can coming.
I wonder why that is... I'm beginning to think the predator is good for lower end gains but not so much on the high end.

·
Registered
864 Posts
^^ something must be wrong with yours man, I went about .5 sec faster after I put the 93CAI tune.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
^^ something must be wrong with yours man, I went about .5 sec faster after I put the 93CAI tune.
I doubt there's anything wrong with the predator, it's likely more how the tune interacts with my car. Different people have different results. I'm gonna keep working with it and see what happens but ultimately I'll likely get a custom tune.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I am scratching the Katzkin idea since I like my black interior. It would be hard to keep clean too. I am probably just going to change the side stripes to black. The first mod I would like to do is the lowering springs, but I heard they can cause premature wear on the struts not to mention they will not work on a 6 speed car in the rear without changing the struts anyway? Hmmm... Any insight would be helpful.

·
Registered
668 Posts
buy a nitrous kit best money i ever spent i dropped over a sec with a 75 shot

1 - 12 of 12 Posts