Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 265 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that many of us have entered their Challengers in car shows.

For those of you who have won trophies, what were the mods that made you car stand out from the rest of the pack?

·
Banned
675 Posts
I don't know about new cars, I've never put my challenger in a show, but I've won some awards with my classics. Being original is a plus when dealing with classics, clean, etc...

People seem to love the billet under hood dress mods (not for me) but just anything flashy that may or may not get the judges attention. Presentation?

·
Banned
1,340 Posts
have never used mirrors, but here is my car in the last car show 2 weeks ago in Lake Charles Midnight Fantasies car show. I paid the $50 to park inside to be out of the elements of the weather.

the award on the scoop is what I won in this show(2nd place)

·
Registered
252 Posts
Imo it's all about the little details. Little things to draw people in closer to have a better look at the car. Headrests or armrests are a biggie. If you have a 5.7, a custom painted engine cover is great. Few pieces of Billet underhood bling will also help.

However the best mod I think anyone can possibly do is to go over their engine bay and have it 100% perfect. The cars I see that always stick out in my mind are the ones that you can tell the owner is proud of and maintains very meticulously. We started to see a lot of newer cars 2005 and up stangs vettes even vipers where underneath the hood was just gross. Mods are great but simply maintaining your vehicle to really keep it "show quality" is even better. Good luck!:guiness:

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Great pics, but get rid ofthe prop rod and get the hood struts.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
As others have said; "Keep it clean"!!! I had seen challengers parked next to mine that just get walked by because they are dirty. If you see a car with his hood closed it is probably because the owner does not clean it.

It takes me longer to wipe down my car than it does to wash it :)

My challenger is all about presentation and coming up with something new. Every year I add something new and have a couple of pieces of new billet tech stuff waiting to go on.

You can find my car on both Billet Tech and Ridergraphix sites showing their stuff on my car :)

·
Premium Member
4,356 Posts
I have entered my SE into three car shows... small ones mind you... not entering to win anything... more for the joy of showing it off to others that have not seen one up close and helping out charities (one in particular is for MS which my Mom has). Anyway.... I have added to my car:

Am. Racing Torq Thrust 20" wheels
Strobe rocker panel
Spoiler
Hood stripe
Chrome gas cap
SE badging on the front and back since Chrysler doesn't badge the SE's.

Caliper covers to match the color of my car are coming next week.

Clean, clean, clean! That always helps!

·
Registered
94 Posts
my parents used to do this with an '87 Monte SS they used to own. i remember them always losing points for not having the wheels/rims in sequence with each other. ( e.g., all the white lettering mounted in the same position on the rim, and the tires all postioned the same, letters on top/bottom etc. and centercaps the same direction.) i remember it as my dad would curse and curse about it mumbling next year and always forgetting it. you also get bonus points or sponsor money if your car had the sponsors products on it ( BFG tires ect)

·
Registered
448 Posts
I know this is probably the wrong place to pose the question, but why the need for an award....can't you just enjoy the car and showing it? I just don't get the whole car show scene.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
I know this is probably the wrong place to pose the question, but why the need for an award....can't you just enjoy the car and showing it? I just don't get the whole car show scene.
me either. i have a group of friends that do care about trophies. Not me. i dont care.

hey harps, post the picture of your FIRST hood scoop mod. the original.... not the birdcatcher

·
Premium Member
4,356 Posts
Some people that is there thing. I take mine to a few select shows to show off the car so others can see it up close AND to support charities too. Especially the MS one for my Mom. It is amazing how many 10ish year old boys just love the Challenger.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Garage Queen
I like to think I have clean drivers not garage queens. My '69 Chrysler won a trophy 8 years ago or so at the Kahunaville all Mopar show. It was drizzling so the turn out was small and the trophy table was full. One's enough for me. :)

·
Registered
252 Posts
1) It's a crazy cheap date! My wife and I go, we bring a small cooler our chairs and the canopy and enjoy the day together!

2)Most (yes not all) but most of the car shows we see around here are for good causes. Local charities, churches, special needs/olympics. Why not donate to a good cause and have a little fun at the same time!

3)I like talking about cars, looking at cars, and then some more talking about cars. What better place to do that then at car shows!

4)Great excuse for mods!

5)Also gets you in the habit of really detailing your car. Which if you don't do yourself and pay someone else to do can be expensive. This one in particular might be exclusive to me but I'm very tight with money. At the same time I like to be lazy from time to time and not clean the car perfectly, so having a show to get it ready for gives me the extra little kick to go get her ready!

Bottom line IMO is car shows are meant to be good times. Usually good crews of people with some 50-60-70's tunes jamming. It's a great atmosphere to be around. Have fun and enjoy!

·
Premium Member
4,356 Posts
I have to say I have met some very nice and interesting people at car shows as well. Nice to people watch looking at your car and getting to see a lot of other cool cars all for a good cause too. Heck... my WIFE tells me to do this and that mod wise for car shows.... I am the one holding back. She wants me to Billet Tech out the under the hood big time.

1 - 20 of 265 Posts
About this Discussion
264 Replies
134 Participants
Pioneer4x4
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing