Dodge Challenger Forum banner

241 - 260 of 265 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
yea click on them and nothing!! please fix it!!

·
Registered
182 Posts
We went to our first car show that was officially judged. Our only motive is really just to enjoy the show meet people and have a homebase to hang out at. Ended up winning a class award. I keep the car very clean only have a few mods (so far) so we were really surprised that we won anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I figured out a way to see the thumb nails, but it is an expensive royal pita. I installed a SCSI interface in my Quad G5 together with a RAID 5 external hard drive tower, and then installed the newest O/S my Mac can run. I could have gotten Weld wheels and Nitto drag radials for the cost of the mod to my computer.

·
Super Moderator
12,563 Posts
That certainly wasn't the cheapest route you chose :surprise:

A Guy

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
That certainly wasn't the cheapest route you chose :surprise:

A Guy
Yeah, well, if I didn't have friends here I would have just gone away instead. :yikes:

·
Super Moderator
12,563 Posts
It's just there were far cheaper methods, so I assume you wanted the upgrades as well. A Guy

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
It's just there were far cheaper methods, so I assume you wanted the upgrades as well. A Guy
Yeah, like buying a cheap, crappy computer running windoze.

·
Super Moderator
12,563 Posts
I would have started with a free Linux live CD, but as long as you're set...

A Guy

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
My Linux system is buried in my garage somewhere, but all I ever used it for was a hardware firewall.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Speaking of the original subject/post...

TOP 100 at WE ARE MOPAR, Texas Motor Speedway.
There were over 1,800 MOPARS there.
Piston Pete had just gotten out of the body shop, having the vinyl stripes converted to air brushing!

·
Registered
814 Posts
Speaking of the original subject/post...

TOP 100 at WE ARE MOPAR, Texas Motor Speedway.
There were over 1,800 MOPARS there.
Piston Pete had just gotten out of the body shop, having the vinyl stripes converted to air brushing!
I saw your car at WAM2, loved the air brushing. Fantastic idea and it came out super clean. I had to get real close, about 1 inch close to see if it was airbrush or some new type of vinyl. Congrats on the top 100 too! :)

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
I saw your car at WAM2, loved the air brushing. Fantastic idea and it came out super clean. I had to get real close, about 1 inch close to see if it was airbrush or some new type of vinyl. Congrats on the top 100 too! :)
Thanks!
Should have stopped by and said hello if I was there in the white tent.
It was sssoooo hot, I only went around for BBQ once, and extra water another time...besides taking pictures.

I cannot take credit for the airbrushed stripes idea. There were two other "extreme" GWE Challengers there! One was a guy from out Oklahoma clubs - The WICKED WITCH. The other was a guy who yelled at me when I had to use my funger on WET surface last year to tell it was paint! Both had some of that at last year's WAM.
I just tired of the black vinyl not looking good.
And, you can touch my paint any time!
:grin2:

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Three components for success:
1) Design: Make it Stand Out. It's your car, so do whatever you want to it. But if you want to set yourself apart from the pack to the extent you win at shows, you have to be creative, consistent and top quality. Nothing looks worse than a great idea poorly executed. If you want a mural, have a pro do it (unless you're a pro). I could have welded my side pipes together, but the finished product wouldn't have come out as clean looking. And when something attract attention like a mural or side pipes, the devil is in the details.

2) Don't be afraid to be different. Again, it's your car, do with it as you will. But don't be afraid to get creative. How many threads have you read asking "what wheels should I get", or "what color stripes?". How many Challengers do you see with side pipes? (Almost) everyone has the same basic mods: blinky-blinky colored headlight rings, strut tower brace, painted valve covers/engine plenums, billet bling. How will yours look different than theirs?

3) Consistency: Pick a theme and stick with it. Just as all performance guys mentor beginners to "map out what your objective is, and go about the steps to get there logically", so should you map out your design theme, and approach it consistently. Don't pick a color scheme, than 6 months later start including a clashing color. If you want to go overboard (mural on hood insulation, designs on fuse box, ABS cover, CAI cover, etc, then at least make it flow.

4) At a car show, can a dirty car win? Yes, but it better have something extremely unique going for it, or else it will be perceived as "if the owner can't do simple detailing, what else has he skimped on"?. In other words, for car shows, it needs to be spotless. EVERYWHERE.

My $0.02 worth, and it seems to have worked, at least for me. First in class, two years running, Carlisle and Mopar Madness.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Three components for success:
1) Design: Make it Stand Out. It's your car, so do whatever you want to it. But if you want to set yourself apart from the pack to the extent you win at shows, you have to be creative, consistent and top quality. Nothing looks worse than a great idea poorly executed. If you want a mural, have a pro do it (unless you're a pro). I could have welded my side pipes together, but the finished product wouldn't have come out as clean looking. And when something attract attention like a mural or side pipes, the devil is in the details.

2) Don't be afraid to be different. Again, it's your car, do with it as you will. But don't be afraid to get creative. How many threads have you read asking "what wheels should I get", or "what color stripes?". How many Challengers do you see with side pipes? (Almost) everyone has the same basic mods: blinky-blinky colored headlight rings, strut tower brace, painted valve covers/engine plenums, billet bling. How will yours look different than theirs?

3) Consistency: Pick a theme and stick with it. Just as all performance guys mentor beginners to "map out what your objective is, and go about the steps to get there logically", so should you map out your design theme, and approach it consistently. Don't pick a color scheme, than 6 months later start including a clashing color. If you want to go overboard (mural on hood insulation, designs on fuse box, ABS cover, CAI cover, etc, then at least make it flow.

4) At a car show, can a dirty car win? Yes, but it better have something extremely unique going for it, or else it will be perceived as "if the owner can't do simple detailing, what else has he skimped on"?. In other words, for car shows, it needs to be spotless. EVERYWHERE.

My $0.02 worth, and it seems to have worked, at least for me. First in class, two years running, Carlisle and Mopar Madness.
YUP!
That covers it all...except maybe....do you know the judges personally???
(Just kidding)

But, if you are sitting there when the judges come by, it doesn't hurt to say something "leading", like "Did you see the embroidery in the back seat? Did you see the security system in my trunk"???
Don't be too modest, to not toot your own horn!
>:)

·
Registered
662 Posts
YUP!
That covers it all...except maybe....do you know the judges personally???
(Just kidding)

But, if you are sitting there when the judges come by, it doesn't hurt to say something "leading", like "Did you see the embroidery in the back seat? Did you see the security system in my trunk"???
Don't be too modest, to not toot your own horn!
>:)
i agree unless you are trying to hide in a stock class, then best to just keep quiet.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Since car show season has started, list your winning mods here.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...so who can really point to a mod (or two, three...etc) that were "winning" mods.

My mods are rather unique
My mods are well built, executed, thought out
My car is presented in as impeccable condition as possible.

·
Super Moderator
13,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #259
Since we are now getting into car show season, I thought that I would re-surface this thread.

241 - 260 of 265 Posts
About this Discussion
264 Replies
134 Participants
Pioneer4x4
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing