Dodge Challenger Forum banner

261 - 265 of 265 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,393 Posts
I go to car shows with my old iron (59 Chevy 54 Plymouth) . I have only once in my 7 years of proud ownership of my Pitch Black Challenger entered it in a car show. Bone stock In El Reno Ok (Old town weekend) car show. Won BEST MOPAR

·
Super Moderator
13,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #262
I go to car shows with my old iron (59 Chevy 54 Plymouth) . I have only once in my 7 years of proud ownership of my Pitch Black Challenger entered it in a car show. Bone stock In El Reno Ok (Old town weekend) car show. Won BEST MOPAR
That's great. In New Jersey, however, there are tons of Challengers. You don't stand a chance of winning anything unless your car is heavily modified or you are with a car club.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I never really go to car "Shows" but more like "Cruises". I get sickened by the new stuff that is basically, "HEY, look what I installed (by peeling off 3M red backing) type of "mods". I like some graphics, but most, nope. I like oddball old stuff at shows, and usable stuff. I enjoy my 1967 El Camino, and there isn't anything special about looking at it, and underhood looks eh...
Show me a HEMI in a Prowler or a big block Corvair, and I'll spend my time looking at it.
One little show I was at last weekend had a Mustang something special, uh, hmm, wait...
Oh yeah, it was a Roush. Do you know how I new it was a Roush? I read it on the car, TWENTY NINE FRIGGIN TIMES, each wheel, 3 plaques, each tail pipe, headrests, HOOD HINGES??? , I'm sure I missed a dozen or so, but I counted 29 "Roush" instances, it was "Roushcharged" or "Roushified" or some damn thing. I bet the tire treads would leave the word "Roush" across the legs of bystanders as well.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I never really go to car "Shows" but more like "Cruises". I get sickened by the new stuff that is basically, "HEY, look what I installed (by peeling off 3M red backing) type of "mods". I like some graphics, but most, nope. I like oddball old stuff at shows, and usable stuff. I enjoy my 1967 El Camino, and there isn't anything special about looking at it, and underhood looks eh...
Show me a HEMI in a Prowler or a big block Corvair, and I'll spend my time looking at it.
One little show I was at last weekend had a Mustang something special, uh, hmm, wait...
Oh yeah, it was a Roush. Do you know how I new it was a Roush? I read it on the car, TWENTY NINE FRIGGIN TIMES, each wheel, 3 plaques, each tail pipe, headrests, HOOD HINGES??? , I'm sure I missed a dozen or so, but I counted 29 "Roush" instances, it was "Roushcharged" or "Roushified" or some damn thing. I bet the tire treads would leave the word "Roush" across the legs of bystanders as well.
Did you get any video of the Roush Mustang crashing as it left the show ?

·
Registered
456 Posts
Did you get any video of the Roush Mustang crashing as it left the show ?
Nice, you got a chuckle out of me on that one. Like a guy on YouTube I saw, created the nickname for them of "Crowd Slayer" like a G.O.T. name.

261 - 265 of 265 Posts
About this Discussion
264 Replies
134 Participants
Pioneer4x4
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing