Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I have a 2012 challenger 3.6L with a mopar intake and a solo exhaust system. I am thinking about getting a throttle body and then a chip to bring it all to life. Just wondering how much horsepower/torque I could expect to gain with all this and the chip programming my car.

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,230 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I'd go with a tuner (diablo or HP) and not a chip, I have yet to seen any evidence of anyone get much of a gain out of a chip.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,875 Posts
Welcome from California ;) Diablosport claims for their canned tunes

93 Octane Performance Tune: 15HP 20TQ
91 Octane Performance Tune: 13HP 15TQ

You generally won't see any specific numbers attached to ported throttle bodies. Testing seems to say it's a wash, maybe some increased throttle response, but not HP gains. Assuming best case scenario, 15 HP 20 TQ? Try to find any actual dyno numbers, not an easy task. Basically the V6 is very well optimized stock, don't hope for huge numbers. People do report good seat of the pants results with the tuner, you'd HAVE to run 93 octane if you installed the 93 tune. A Guy

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I meant tuner not chip lol. And so what do you guys think the hp gains would be with the intake,exhaust, and throttle body combo?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,875 Posts
I'd say it's possible you might get 20HP just from what I've read. Expensive HP. One of our members @ddeennis did a lot of testing with different parts, he could speak better to reality than I.

A Guy

·
Registered
2013 Challenger SXT
1,221 Posts
I cracked over 300 hp at the rear wheels with all my modifications a gain of 45hp and was able to run 13.9 over 100 mph in the 1/4 naturally aspirated. Stock I ran 15.2 at 93 mph.

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Welcome from MN.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts