Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The next mojave mile will be held on april 10th. www.mojavemile.com If you have been on the fence about running this style of racing, I would highly recommend it. I've seen everything from a 74mph VW to a 220mph viper and 200+mph bikes. Hope to see more challengers hit the mile this year:thumbsup:

·
Registered
254 Posts
I might just have to make that trip. How much is it to run?

·
Registered
485 Posts
What safety equipment or mods do I need besides a helmet?

·
Banned
4,698 Posts
They're a bit pickier in Cali than in TX, huh Karl...LOL! Best of luck to you, bro. I know you'll set a new record :)

HemiSam

·
Registered
485 Posts
So, if you're a first timer at the Mojave Mile they won't let you go over 150? Seems like a lot of work and cash for them to put a limit on you that low if your car can do more.

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So, if you're a first timer at the Mojave Mile they won't let you go over 150? Seems like a lot of work and cash for them to put a limit on you that low if your car can do more.
You have to make a license pass under 150mph after that you will get ungraded to the 170mph class with a 5mph breakout. Safety items- snell rated helmet(Remove the inner liner of your helmet and check for snell rated sticker) , speed rated tires, leather gloves, fire extinguisher and metal valve stem covers. Are you bringing your challenger or the 429R mustang?? If you wanna bring both I would be happy as hell to drive your mustang:thumbsup: LOL!! Hope you can make it.

·
Registered
485 Posts
You have to make a license pass under 150mph after that you will get ungraded to the 170mph class with a 5mph breakout. Safety items- snell rated helmet(Remove the inner liner of your helmet and check for snell rated sticker) , speed rated tires, leather gloves, fire extinguisher and metal valve stem covers. Are you bringing your challenger or the 429R mustang?? If you wanna bring both I would be happy as hell to drive your mustang:thumbsup: LOL!! Hope you can make it.
Thanks Karl. That's the answer I was looking for. Do you have any more of those fire extinguisher brackets for sale? I was planning on bringing the challenger. My Roush is still stock so I think they have it governed at 150 or 160. If I need someone to drive it you'll be first on my list. Any recommendations on gloves and I'm looking to get some of the shoes too? And what are your thoughts on hood pins?

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They're a bit pickier in Cali than in TX, huh Karl...LOL! Best of luck to you, bro. I know you'll set a new record :)

HemiSam
Sam, the texas rules ROCK!!! SocalRT, bring that bad boy out for some fun man. I can guarantee you'll have a ball running the mile. Mr REDDOG, I can't wait to see your face after your first pass brother:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Karl. That's the answer I was looking for. Do you have any more of those fire extinguisher brackets for sale? I was planning on bringing the challenger. My Roush is still stock so I think they have it governed at 150 or 160. If I need someone to drive it you'll be first on my list. Any recommendations on gloves and I'm looking to get some of the shoes too? And what are your thoughts on hood pins?
I'll send you a PM for the safety gear, my guy will hook you up. Dave picked up some cool gear for the race:thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts