Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couple quick questions for you guys, threw the flaps on this weekend, looks good, was wondering if you did anything to protect the hole you had to drill in the front wheelwell..........

Other question when I took off the back tires, book says to torque to 130...........wow, that seems mighty high. I see the srt is 110.

This is a new car and I can tell you these were not torqued to 130 from the factory, about 4 of the lugs I had to go mega cave man to break loose...........couple of them I barley touched them and they were loose.

So I loosen all of them and torqued to 130.............hoping that's right.

Thanks

Rich

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
I did not know the GT had a higher torque requirement. I put the Scat Pack wheels off my Shaker on my GT and torqued them to 110 like I do on my R/T Scat Pack. I have checked them twice since and they haven't loosened up any. I can't see how AWD with 268 ft. lb. of torque would need tighter lugs than a 385 ft. lb. of torque 2 wheel drive Challenger. I think I will keep them at 110 for now and ask the dealer service department about it next week when I get my first dealer oil change.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did not know the GT had a higher torque requirement. I put the Scat Pack wheels off my Shaker on my GT and torqued them to 110 like I do on my R/T Scat Pack. I have checked them twice since and they haven't loosened up any. I can't see how AWD with 268 ft. lb. of torque would need tighter lugs than a 385 ft. lb. of torque 2 wheel drive Challenger. I think I will keep them at 110 for now and ask the dealer service department about it next week when I get my first dealer oil change.
UP, that's what the book that came with the car said.............doesn"t mean its right, I just thought that was high....for that matter I thought 110 was high...........I have to check my wifes truck, I'm thinking those are 100 on her F-150.

I'm gonna give a couple dealers a call tomorrow & see what they say.

Rich

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To avoid the risk of forcing the vehicle off the jack, do not tighten the lug nuts fully until
the vehicle has been lowered. Failure to follow this warning may result in personal
injury.
3. Lower the vehicle to the ground by turning the jack handle counterclockwise.
4. Finish tightening the lug nuts. Push down on the wrench while at the end of the handle
for increased leverage. Tighten the lug nuts in a star pattern until each nut has been
tightened twice. The correct tightness of each lug nut is 130 ft-lbs (176 N·m). If in
doubt about the correct tightness, have them checked with a torque wrench by your
authorized dealer or service station.
NOTE:
For the SRT model the correct wheel nut tightness is 111 ft lbs (150 N·m).
5. After 25 miles (40 km) check the lug nut torque with a torque wrench to ensure that
all lug nuts are properly seated against the wheel.

Found this doing a search, its from a 2016...........Challenger. Just seems odd, tried doing a search here and nothing seems to come up for me on that.

Rich

·
Registered
47 Posts
is the wheel size different? would drastically change the torque applied at the lug nut level...

·
Registered
97 Posts
In regards to the hole drilled during the flap installation: I did nothing special with mine. As I recall the supplied screws had some sort of rubberized coating on them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts