Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2010 SRT8.Relatively easy installation,once you get past drilling holes in your nice new hood etc.
Very good instructions & everything is included.See attachments.:bigthumb:

Attachments

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Your hood pins look awesome. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
looks really nice

·
Registered
92 Posts
Drilling Holes

I love the look and congrats on having the nuts to drill the holes! How exactly do you drill them so the line up with the pins?:thumbsup:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I love the look and congrats on having the nuts to drill the holes! How exactly do you drill them so the line up with the pins?:thumbsup:
Install the pins first.Put a dab of paint on the tip of each pin & lower the hood slowly until it touches the pins.Center punch the paint marks on the bottom of the hood or drill a pilot hole then drill a 1" hole.Bottom holes first then repeat the paint thing on the pins again to mark the bottom of the top hole.Take a small drill bit to drill a pilot hole at the marks.Close hood & drill the top 1" hole from the top at the pilot hole marks.Done:bigthumb:Once you drill the first hole,the rest is easy.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts

That rubber grommet's a damn nice under hood touch... :thumbsup:

They must have thought of that "AFTER" they finished making all the Mopar'10s :disgust:
At least mine didn't come with them...
If it had, maybe the plates wouldn't keep popping off the hood from the pressure of the pin leaning against the plastic bottoms.

Attached is a pic of how the Factory left it... or at least on the early cars. :(

·
Registered
438 Posts
Those look great.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Very cool!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts