Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone noted if the blue side stripe for the Mopar 10s is a close match to B5?

I have a B5 Blue SRT8 and want to go with a subtle stripe just to break the top and bottom up visually, plus add just a slight amount of door ding protection for the body crease. I was thinking of special ordering a clear stripe, but I saw the Mopar 10 stripe in silver and thought it might be what I am looking for if it were a close match to B5 blue.

Going kinda' for the effect of the '70 black T/A challengers with the flat black side stripes.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have not confirmed this but I have heard you can not order Mopar 10 stripes without vin # from a Mopar 10.

not sure how close the color is to B5

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Rick for the info, I'll check-in to see how much of an issue it might be. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
I believe that's true...that you have to be an owner to get Mopar 10 specific stuff...kinda helps the "only 500" status, you know?

JS

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Larry, I didn't know that style could be ordered with special colors. That was one of the styles I was considering as well.

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
I have not confirmed this but I have heard you can not order Mopar 10 stripes without vin # from a Mopar 10.

not sure how close the color is to B5
They also cost just under $440.

And if I had to put a color to it...
I would say the Mopar'10 blue stripes are closer to the original darker 71 B5... then they are to the new B5 or the 70 B5

But considering how good some of the same color, different shade stripes looked back in 70... it might not look too bad. :scratchhead:
However it would take a big wallet & healthy grapes to buy a set just to find out.

Some linked factory examples...
light green on Green

Light pink on pink

Light orange on orange
attached

·
Registered
467 Posts
I had considered this same thing for my B5 classic, but just couldn't bring myself to remove the factory stripes. Why not use the original 1970 blue color? This is an original color combo 70 HEMI car.
You can do a lot better and cheaper than Ryder Graphics....think about vendors that do stripe kits for the original cars.

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone for the ideas! It has definitely given me more options to consider. I had forgotten some of the color/stripe combinations on the early 70's that I could use as reference.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts