Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else notice that the first official release photos showed BLACK center caps? The one I bought, along with every other '10 Package car I've seen in pictures, came with the same general - light blue Mopar "M" logo - but they're plain clear-coated aluminum. I know I'm just picky, but I really like the matching, powder-coated black caps a lot better.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
^^^^^^what he said. You will get all that stuff with the kit that you might get in a few months or more. LOL.

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
^^^^^^what he said. You will get all that stuff with the kit that you might get in a few months or more. LOL.
Got mine (owners kit) today but the instructions say to take the wheels (lugs) off and 'punch' the factory chrome caps out with a wooden dowel. Then press the Mopar caps on and fit the wheel on using the correct position and torque the wheel nuts.
Here's some more news concerning replacement hood pins and center caps. I spoke with the SE Chrysler rep yesterday and he said they surely had a way to provide center caps in case they got stolen. He is checking with headquarters next week and is supposed to let me know. My local rude Dodge dealer is not interested in looking up the part numbers for these items listed earlier in this thread.

I kinda like the idea of a simple hood pin - I'm afraid the lanyard will mar the paint.. Any ideas?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Got mine (owners kit) today but the instructions say to take the wheels (lugs) off and 'punch' the factory chrome caps out with a wooden dowel. Then press the Mopar caps on and fit the wheel on using the correct position and torque the wheel nuts.
Here's some more news concerning replacement hood pins and center caps. I spoke with the SE Chrysler rep yesterday and he said they surely had a way to provide center caps in case they got stolen. He is checking with headquarters next week and is supposed to let me know. My local rude Dodge dealer is not interested in looking up the part numbers for these items listed earlier in this thread.

I kinda like the idea of a simple hood pin - I'm afraid the lanyard will mar the paint.. Any ideas?

My plan is to only use the pins and lanyards at shows etc. Sorry you have such a lame local dealership, have you looked at the BT wheel center caps? They are very high quality, you can have them custom made and they bolt on from the back. Cheers-------- Rick

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
My plan is to only use the pins and lanyards at shows etc. Sorry you have such a lame local dealership, have you looked at the BT wheel center caps? They are very high quality, you can have them custom made and they bolt on from the back. Cheers-------- Rick

Thanks Rick, I do like the BT caps - very cool. The SE Chrysler rep called this evening to make sure I got my kit, this man is really an asset to Chrysler. He is checking into how to get extra center caps and/or hood pins and will let me know something next week. If possible price wise, I kinda like the Blue M since I have the Blue accents. Otherwise, I will go with BT.
Does anyone know where I can get just a clamp for the hood pins (minus the lanyard)? May look stupid but I'm really afraid the lanyard will rub the paint on the front of the hood....

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
Thanks Rick, I do like the BT caps - very cool. The SE Chrysler rep called this evening to make sure I got my kit, this man is really an asset to Chrysler. He is checking into how to get extra center caps and/or hood pins and will let me know something next week. If possible price wise, I kinda like the Blue M since I have the Blue accents. Otherwise, I will go with BT.
Does anyone know where I can get just a clamp for the hood pins (minus the lanyard)? May look stupid but I'm really afraid the lanyard will rub the paint on the front of the hood....
You could always just put little locks on the hood pins like some of us did years ago when they actually held the hood down.

As to the center caps... good luck with that.
They have a part number, but it isn't in the systems yet (if ever) and will be a vendor supplied part as opposed to stocked.
Mine has been trying to get them for nearly 2 months now, since we got the part #, with no luck.

Maybe that Rep that called you can get them? The dealers don't seem to be able to know how to "Place" the order.
PM sent:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info. Guess I'll just keep waiting for my kit. Not much temptation to get it out of the garage in the middle of February around Iowa, anyway!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts