Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the duct kit for the mopar 10 hood work for the non funcitional Mopar T/A hood if I want to make it functional? If not what is the danger of just cutting open the where the air would come in on the T/A scoop and just letting it flow in.I have a K&N intake if that makes any differance.

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
Will the duct kit for the mopar 10 hood work for the non funcitional Mopar T/A hood if I want to make it functional? If not what is the danger of just cutting open the where the air would come in on the T/A scoop and just letting it flow in.I have a K&N intake if that makes any differance.
Danger of water getting in during rain. The Mopar 10 hood underneath construction prevents this while allowing air flow to vent directly to the Mopar CAI.
If you use a Mopar CAI, I don't see why the duct performance kit would not fit. I feel sure it would clear your engine. BUT, the Vent fits directly on top of the Mopar CAI air filter cover.
Keep checking as there are others more knowledgeable than I. If it were me, I'd just call Mopar and talk to one of their techs...

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info, have a chance to get a decent deal on the mopar non functional hood ,just seeing if making it functional will be to much of a pain.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts