Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Much to the dismay of the Mopar 10 owners ( and to the delight of the R/T owners) the Mopar 10 Hood, and Cold air vent are available to purchase. Me being in the latter group am particularity interested. In researching, I stumbled across the following...

For 2011 vehicles, you must order 04596466AF Coolant reservoir. I know the 2011s no longer have the power steering reservoir, I didn't realize the coolant tank was also different. My question is, can those with pre 2011 owners identify what part number reservoir you have? Is it the 04596466AF?

The parts required for this are:
8221665AD Hood ( ~ 1150.00 )
82212435 Venting system ( ~ 450 )
for 2011...
04596466AF Coolant reservoir ( cost??)
NOTE: These are not list prices - These are what I found calling around.

Also noted you cannot use the original air box, the Mopar CAI is listed as an option

I think this hood looks better than the Cervinis, is cheaper, made from steel ( assuming lighter) and is genuine Mopar.

P/S No intention of "cloning" I love my Brilliant Black Pearl Classic R/T with red stripes!!!

My question again, can those with pre 2011 owners identify what part number reservoir you have?

·
Registered
999 Posts
Much to the dismay of the Mopar 10 owners ( and to the delight of the R/T owners) the Mopar 10 Hood, and Cold air vent are available to purchase. Me being in the latter group am particularity interested. In researching, I stumbled across the following...

For 2011 vehicles, you must order 04596466AF Coolant reservoir. I know the 2011s no longer have the power steering reservoir, I didn't realize the coolant tank was also different. My question is, can those with pre 2011 owners identify what part number reservoir you have? Is it the 04596466AF?

The parts required for this are:
8221665AD Hood ( ~ 1150.00 )
82212435 Venting system ( ~ 450 )
for 2011...
04596466AF Coolant reservoir ( cost??)
NOTE: These are not list prices - These are what I found calling around.

Also noted you cannot use the original air box, the Mopar CAI is listed as an option

I think this hood looks better than the Cervinis, is cheaper, made from steel ( assuming lighter) and is genuine Mopar.

P/S No intention of "cloning" I love my Brilliant Black Pearl Classic R/T with red stripes!!!

My question again, can those with pre 2011 owners identify what part number reservoir you have?

Thats going to be a costly upgrade for the functional hood, but worth it for looks in my opinion ;)

would it help you if i checked my resevior part number? im in a 2011 too but with the t/a hood already installed as a factory option. i'm guessing they must have made the needed adjustments.

I have my mopar CAI coming and on my next check will get the 82212435 venting system to truely make it functional.

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
Yes, do get the Mopar CAI with the blue 'sock' as the opening from the hood scoop fits directly in contact with the air filter. A lot of 'discussion' has be done about HP gains but Chrysler says 12-15 HP and I can say it definitely is functional.
The special venting system under the hood does take up some space so I would make sure you had the right stuff in the engine bay. I'm leaving town early tomorrow but if you ask on the 'Post 'em up Mopar 10 guys' thread and ask, I'm sure plenty of folks would assist you with the part numbers.
Don't worry about 'cloning' as I would do the same had I not been fortunate enough to have this Mopar 10. Get what you like and enjoy! That's what life's about...:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
its a steel hood? not aluminum??

Anyone know what it weighs compared to the stock hood?
I'm sure it's aluminum... just like the Mopar'10's hood are.
Only thing that appears different is the AD part number, compared to AC.
Maybe the AC referenced the M10 hoods with hood pin holes... no idea :dunno:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm sure it's aluminum... just like the Mopar'10's hood are.
Only thing that appears different is the AD part number, compared to AC.
Maybe the AC referenced the M10 hoods with hood pin holes... no idea :dunno:
Sorry, it was me that said Steel - my point was it was lighter than the fiberglass hoods, good to know they are Aluminium.

"AD" As I understand has the cutout and a removable glued in panel for the Venting system ( at least that's what I have been told).

This seems to be the most cost effective approach ( except for the Cervini's glass T/A, which I don't like as much). I cant see spending 10% of the purchase price on a shaker hood system, go fast parts yes, cool shaker, i'm not there yet.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
After looking at the videos on the Mopar 10, I see the CAI clips onto the Coolant tank where the original airbox did. 2011s do not have that slot on the coolant tank. My AFE II also has a tab to mount on the coolant tank, but the bolt seems to be holding it just fine. In other words, nice to have but not required.

·
Registered
51 Posts
can someone else confirm this?

After looking at the videos on the Mopar 10, I see the CAI clips onto the Coolant tank where the original airbox did. 2011s do not have that slot on the coolant tank. My AFE II also has a tab to mount on the coolant tank, but the bolt seems to be holding it just fine. In other words, nice to have but not required.
Hey,Not that i don't believe a fellow member here, but can one more person confirm that I could mount a Mopar CAI degined for a '10 in an '11, without switching out the coolant resevoir for one with the tab cut into it? I want to add a Mopar CAI as well, to later buy the expensive kit to make the T/A hood functional, but need to know if the CAI will even work first. I know there's an '11 Mopar CAI in development, but I dont wnat to wait if this setup will work...
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Hey,Not that i don't believe a fellow member here, but can one more person confirm that I could mount a Mopar CAI degined for a '10 in an '11, without switching out the coolant resevoir for one with the tab cut into it? I want to add a Mopar CAI as well, to later buy the expensive kit to make the T/A hood functional, but need to know if the CAI will even work first. I know there's an '11 Mopar CAI in development, but I dont wnat to wait if this setup will work...
Thanks.
The earlier Mopar CAI will mount to an 11 (Not the Fender Mount One) - the tab will just be resting on the coolant tank and not physically mount to anything.

See Below:

Thanks
Mikey

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
I have a MOPAR CAI with bracket, tube, hoses, clamps and rubber hood protector that came stock on my Mopar 10. It looks like brand new and has an 'all weather sock over the filter. It has only 5000 miles on it.
I recently added a supercharger and it requires a different CAI.
Definitely fit a 5.7, don't know about a 6.1, It looks like the one pictured in the above post.

I've looked at all the prices and I believe $185 +shipping is a more than fair price.

You may see it on my Mopar before I added the supercharger by looking in my public forum album.
Send me a PM if interested. Thank you,
Frank

1 - 10 of 10 Posts