Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I brought a Mopar-10 this weekend and was wondering about some items that appear to be missing from my vehicle. On interior features, the window sticker states "Luxury Front and Rear Floor mats. My vehicle has cheap plastic mats, which I am assuming are not these mats. Did anyone who got one reveive the "Luxury mats"? The other items missing are the hood pins, video and other things. I was told I will receive them in a shipment from Dodge, did anyone else have these issues. I just want to make sure I have my ducks in order prior to raising heck. Thanks

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
A couple of the other guys had to wait on theirs too. Just make sure to stay absolutely on top of your dealer about it. Couldn't hurt to be that annoying guy they just wana deal with and be rid of hahaha.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
all the mopar 10 special items get put on by the same company that does the SRT stripes in Windsor Ont -Ground effects . I would love to see a finished car and see what it looks like all finished

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
Well bb, the extra parts actually come in a little presentation box. Pretty cool how they did it. Also, you guys been having any trouble with the rear windsheilds up there? Seems my body shop can't get ahold of one and the one they did get they weren't happy with.

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
I brought a Mopar-10 this weekend and was wondering about some items that appear to be missing from my vehicle. On interior features, the window sticker states "Luxury Front and Rear Floor mats. My vehicle has cheap plastic mats, which I am assuming are not these mats. Did anyone who got one reveive the "Luxury mats"? The other items missing are the hood pins, video and other things. I was told I will receive them in a shipment from Dodge, did anyone else have these issues. I just want to make sure I have my ducks in order prior to raising heck. Thanks
I can't comment on how all dealers across the country are delivering their Mopar 10 vehicles, but in talking with a good friend of mine who is the general manager of one of our local Detroit area Dodge dealerships, these cars are supposed to only be delivered to the customer with Chrysler/Dodge coroporate people present to present the car to the customer in a basic ceremony complete with a photographer present. The hood pins are installed personally by the corporate people in attendance and are brought to the ceremony by the corporate personel. At least in this area, Chrysler frowns upon any dealer who takes it upon themselves to deliver these cars to customers without the assigned personel present to do the honors. At least here in the Detroit area the delivery arrangements are handled by Dodge Division personel contacting the purchasing customer and co-ordinating the day/time/place. This may not be policy everywhere, but here in the Detroit area this is how Mopar 10 vehicles are to be delivered to the customer. I am certain that there are no unique pieces are missing on these cars being delivered in this way.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Well bb, the extra parts actually come in a little presentation box. Pretty cool how they did it. Also, you guys been having any trouble with the rear windsheilds up there? Seems my body shop can't get ahold of one and the one they did get they weren't happy with.
I think they come with a numbered certificate too. It would have cool if the IEs had that as well.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the responses, I guess I'm going to have to be that guy, I did get the car cover, that was in a box in the rear but nothing else and I don't think the cheap rubber floor mats can be considered luxury. Guess I will be going by my dealer tomorrow. Can't hurt to be a pain in their side until I get these items.:fight:

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Thanks for the responses, I guess I'm going to have to be that guy, I did get the car cover, that was in a box in the rear but nothing else and I don't think the cheap rubber floor mats can be considered luxury. Guess I will be going by my dealer tomorrow. Can't hurt to be a pain in their side until I get these items.:fight:
Here's a link with the full scoop.

Dodge Challenger Mopar '10 limited edition announced, one you can't build yourself - National auto review | Examiner.com

·
Registered
6 Posts
Jimmydea
Did you get your kit? I am still waiting on mine and would love to know the progress you have made and what the exact contents were. I got the car but was told the kit including the cover would be in "later"

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
I can't comment on how all dealers across the country are delivering their Mopar 10 vehicles, but in talking with a good friend of mine who is the general manager of one of our local Detroit area Dodge dealerships, these cars are supposed to only be delivered to the customer with Chrysler/Dodge coroporate people present to present the car to the customer in a basic ceremony complete with a photographer present. The hood pins are installed personally by the corporate people in attendance and are brought to the ceremony by the corporate personel. At least in this area, Chrysler frowns upon any dealer who takes it upon themselves to deliver these cars to customers without the assigned personel present to do the honors. At least here in the Detroit area the delivery arrangements are handled by Dodge Division personel contacting the purchasing customer and co-ordinating the day/time/place. This may not be policy everywhere, but here in the Detroit area this is how Mopar 10 vehicles are to be delivered to the customer. I am certain that there are no unique pieces are missing on these cars being delivered in this way.
I believe they ran into one big issue with this original "Pre-Build" Plan.
The cars were originally all supposed to have been ordered as Sold Orders... not dealer stock.
Mainly so they had time to actually make each individual kit in advance of delivery. Well that didn't happen... either not enough people wanted them, or dealers ordered them in the names of Shop hands. In any event, it now takes them close to a month to make the kit and get it out, "AFTER" they know the name of the purchaser. In many cases (like mine) the purchaser was from out of state... so they mailed it out to them. And in the cases of the original Sold Orders(also like mine) after 5 MONTHS of waiting, most of those purchasers took them home within 48hr of the cars arrival at the dealership. Too fast for any "Ceremony" to be set up. Also after 5months of waiting they may not have wanted to come face to face with many of the original pissed off purchasers anyway. (Many canceled and bought SRT's instead)

As to the items you get...
No video (Unless they were planning to make one of them handing you the kit.
Car Cover and Floor Mats were in the trunk of the car when it arrived at the dealer.
If they are missing... go to the dealership and "find out who took them"

I have posted detailed pictures of everything you get in the kit, in the original Mopar'10 build tracking thread

http://www.challengertalk.com/forum...e-dealership-yet-45073/index4.html#post686912 <<< See the Kit here.

It shows you everything you see as you open the box, in the order you see it.

As to having "The Suits" install the hood pin lanyard cables... Even though its pretty easy,
I can just imagine the look on some customers faces when "The Suits" start tearing apart the front of the car to put them on

Hope the pics in the linked thread above help out the guys who just picked up a Mopar'10 :thumbsup:

Also on a sad note...

Mopar Performance is planing to offer a similar package on the FIAT 500
As well as several other non-performance jeeps, cars & trucks
Kind of killing the uniqueness of it all... :notallthere:
At least ours was the 1st.. and the only 2010

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the link and info. Do you have any detail on what was special about the mats? I am missing mine as well and would like to be sure that what I am sent is what is intended for this car. Are they embroidered? Did it also include a trunk mat? Sorry for all of the questions...

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Jimmydea
Did you get your kit? I am still waiting on mine and would love to know the progress you have made and what the exact contents were. I got the car but was told the kit including the cover would be in "later"
I have had no luck with my dealership at all, I talked with sales manager last week, when I went to pick up my plates, that's right, got my plates prior to the owner's kit. He told me he would check and get me a status, still waiting on this also. The cover was in the trunk, so I got that, but the plastic mats is what came with it, not even close to what I would call luxury. I PMed RS to see if I could get contact info with someone who could answer my questions, but that was late last night and haven't heard back from him yet. I do love the car, but this running around is getting a little old.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Jimmy, I think the owners kit process is just typical they don't get any more money weather we get the kit in 2 weeks or 2 months so there is no hurry on their part. My dealer told me it would take 4 weeks or so. I have been calling for updates but I really don't think the dealer is going to screw anyone out of these kits. The kit is personalized so anyone saying it came with the car is probably mistaken . As for the floor mats I too was hoping for the nice mats with Challenger on them and did not get them. If someone else got these with their Mopar 10 I would love to hear from them. I'm just going to buy some nice ones from LLOYDS.

Hang in there and hopefully we get our kits soon.
Rick

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
^^^^^
The so-called "luxury mats" are not really luxurious but they are carpeted. This is along the lines of McDonals not having any "small" sizes. Everything starts at the meduim level. If you want better mats, you will need to order the optional mats from the accessories catalog.

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
I have had no luck with my dealership at all, I talked with sales manager last week, when I went to pick up my plates, that's right, got my plates prior to the owner's kit. He told me he would check and get me a status, still waiting on this also. The cover was in the trunk, so I got that, but the plastic mats is what came with it, not even close to what I would call luxury. I PMed RS to see if I could get contact info with someone who could answer my questions, but that was late last night and haven't heard back from him yet. I do love the car, but this running around is getting a little old.
Not sure how you got Plastic other than someone pulling the old swap-a-roo on ya

The ones that come with it are carpet, not plastic... but pretty heavy.
But they are nothing like the "Luxury" mats that came in out 300c, and I don't remember a trunk mat...
Here is a pic I tool the 1st night I got it... it was kind of dark so I tried to lighten it.
You can see the mats on the floor.

Attached is another better pic (but not originally of the Mat)
I cropped the section that shows part of the mat, so you could see that it was bound rug.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Week 5 of ownership is Sunday, and still have not received my complete owner's kit. This week I received the shirt and a very small metal plate with my name and car number. This package was delivered by UPS. So I am hopeful that the rest of the kit will arrive soon. Hope you all are having better luck.

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
That little plate about 1" x 3" should have been glued to the inside lid of your customer Kit.

Well at least that's some progress... hopefully the rest is right behind it. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts