Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Granted, installing the Mopar brake and gas pedal cover kit isn't rocket science, but I still got a kick out of the installation instructions that MOPAR sends.

Not a friggin written word of instruction, just crappy little drawings. One picture shows a little widget with arrows pointed to something that looks like Oscar the Grouch's home (trash can). The next picture shows the brake pad and a bucket of something. What is in the bucket? Could be glue, but more than likely, it's warm soapy water to help the rubber slip over the brake pedal.

I guess the gas pedal cover just kinda pops on? I'm sure I'll figure it out.

I realize that these parts go to lots of different countries, but couldn't they put some instructions in English? At least tell me what's in the bucket. lol.

I have other MOPAR accessories that have similar instructions. GOOD pictures are fine, but crappy little drawings are nearly worthless.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
^^^^^
It's supposed to be intuitive. :D

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
711 Posts
^ you mean "interactive" hahahahaha after losing some knuckle skin, some good cursing and kicking of garage crap around on the first car, I learned a thing or two during the install of my second set on the new car.

Big help - let the brake pedal cover soak in HOT water, made the rubber more pliable easy to screw around with..... this greatly cut down my excessive cursing this time round, and no blood drawn to the car gods.

But yes the pics REALLY help illustrate the PITA factor!! hahahaha

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^ you mean "interactive" hahahahaha after losing some knuckle skin, some good cursing and kicking of garage crap around on eth first car, I learned a thing or two during the install of my second set on the new car.

Big help - let eth brake soak in HOT water, mad ethe rubber more pliable easy to screw around with..... this greatly cut down my excessive cursing this time round, and no blood drawn to the car gods.

But yes the pics REALLY help illustrate the PITA factor!! hahahaha

Sounds like hot water and gloves are the ticket. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
585 Posts
me too that thing was a PITA!!!!!

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did any of you guys try a little K-Y jelly and some foreplay? Gotta be some way to get that thing to loosen up.....

I'm going to install it and some other doo-dads this weekend. Sounds like I better figure on more than a few minutes for the brake pedal.

·
Super Moderator
14,193 Posts
The racing brake pedal was difficult to install, but it sure looks good with the racing gas pedal! If you guys want the totally finished look, I would recommend that you also buy the parking brake pedal for $25 at Ultimate Pedals. The shiny finish with the domed inserts for the Dodge Charger is an exact match. :thumbsup:

Tip: Don't use the screws to install, however. Instead of drilling, just use Velcro fasteners. They work great.

ULTIMATE PEDALS

·
Registered
302 Posts
I've noticed that the instructions that come with the MOPAR accessories are not much good. So what I've done is surf the web and have usually been able to find a real nice write-up often with accompanying video showing you what to do. Since MOPAR is not going to provide something like this, they ought to partner with some of the enthusiast outfits and let them put this together.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Man, you guys weren't kidding! PITA is an understatement. I was ready to throw that damn thing through the window. lol. I did get in on, though. Gas pedal cover was easy. Brake pedal cover, not so much.

·
Registered
177 Posts
It was hell putting the brake cover on and I cut my finger...lol. What are those boys over at Mopar thinking. Got to be a better mouse trap, hahaha

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I suppose the instructions came down from the NON-EXISTENT Mopar marketting Dept....
What a bunch of collective Bozo's.
I suppose I need to be gratefull these pedal covers came as standard equipt. on my car...Mopar marketting...Sheesh....

·
Registered
834 Posts
The racing brake pedal was difficult to install, but it sure looks good with the racing gas pedal! If you guys want the totally finished look, I would recommend that you also buy the parking brake pedal for $25 at Ultimate Pedals. The shiny finish with the domed inserts for the Dodge Charger is an exact match. :thumbsup:

Tip: Don't use the screws to install, however. Instead of drilling, just use Velcro fasteners. They work great.

ULTIMATE PEDALS

Get the MB pedal it's much better match, looks like it should have come with the set. PN 203-430-00-84, I paid about $17.

post # 42 has a photo.

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f39/someone-please-make-srt-parking-pedal-34154/index5.html

·
Registered
177 Posts
Did any of you guys try a little K-Y jelly and some foreplay? Gotta be some way to get that thing to loosen up.....

I'm going to install it and some other doo-dads this weekend. Sounds like I better figure on more than a few minutes for the brake pedal.
I didn't use K-Y Jelly, but I wish I would of used a condom on my finger.:browsmiley:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts