Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about changing to Mopar Borla on my Mopar 10. If the stock headers and factory exhausts are the same diameter as the Borla, how does one gain HP on the Borla Cat Back system?

Yes, I've searched the threads but am totally confused.
What does the Cat Back system do? and,

What gains could one possibly get if the headers (factory) are the same size or smaller than the Borla. (I try to analogize with 2 water hoses connected = the smallest diameter is as fast as liquid (or gas fumes) escape).

Thanks to all

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmm, i would have thought the 10 came with the borla already
I did too but it sure is super quite. Can hardly hear it outside the car and definitely not inside the car. I have to look at the tack to make sure it started.
Is anyone else with a Mopar 10 dissatisfied with the sound?

·
Registered
585 Posts
I don't have a mopar 10 but i did install a borla exhaust recently, and trust me, you would know if it was on your car!!! It's actually a little louder than i would like, mostly at lower speeds, but it does sound nice once your at cruising speed. As far as hp gains i don't know. I've never dyno'd my car. I just bought it for the sound.

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does anyone know if I could punch some holes somewhere to make it sound better (louder)? Would this increase HP?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
I did too but it sure is super quite. Can hardly hear it outside the car and definitely not inside the car. I have to look at the tack to make sure it started.
Is anyone else with a Mopar 10 dissatisfied with the sound?
You must have an auto... I sure know when mine is started.
It's not super loud, but it's noticeably louder than the other 6sp at the dealer & the wife's 300c (now that's really quiet)
Even the tech's that inspected it mentioned it. Shot of the stock exhaust it came with.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
i agree. the borla exhaust has shiney stainless steel oval muffllers that have raised MOPAR on them. the tips are split rectangles with two outlets per side

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had the Borla Base system installed on my 2010 RT (Auto) and as sound goes it is much better, nice sound when you start it and at WOT it will blow you away. When normal driving in drive with the ECO on the tone is always changing with the Cyl cutting in and out but its is worth the sound you get when you step on the gas. As far as HP increase I had my Dyno on a Mustang system before and after and I only gained about 5 Hp over the stock run. Teck said that the exhaust and CAI work together, He had ran one with the CAI and it was making about 15 more HP. I am still looking for a SRT intake to replace mine with and a KN drop in.

Hope this helps. For me it came down to wanting the best for my baby.

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
Mopar borla

I put them on my 2010 RT using the Mopar bucks. Big difference, nice sound and about 10 HP. I now have the KOOK's 1 7/8 headers and hi flow cats and man when I get into it, it's loud. A lot of people ask if I'm running cutouts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts