Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll make this quick...

I just purchased some Mopar Bright Pedals from moparsupercenter.com. I received them today and this is what I see in the box... (see attached pics)

I also saw what seems to be some cracking on the rubber pad on the brake pedal. Should I be concerned? Has somebody else had this issue? Anyone think I should raise a stink about any of this or should I just slap them on and enjoy?

This kinda crap has me a little bothered. :disgust:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,548 Posts
I don't have them but that doesn't look right. In fact, it looks like they may have got stuck in some freezing temps. I'd give them a call first. They are good guys (and an actual Dodge dealership) and will work with you.

Thinking about it, since they're a Mopar product, you might even be able to exchange them with a local dealer. Check the warranty info sheet.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I think the ones I bought for my Charger a couple of years ago looked sort of
like that but not as noticeable so I didn't bother, just installed them.

But like Raven said they are really good at MSC and will make it right. I've bought
quite a few things from them over the years and always a good experience.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks man. I just emailed them. I'll check it out in the morning. I've purchased a pretty good amount of stuff from them too. This being the first issue I've had means they're pretty solid in my book so far. I'll keep this updated.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
mine had that too, nothing you will ever notice once they are installed, only when in your hand so I didn't worry about it either, but if it bothers you get it replaced, just be aware the next ones might be the same

·
Registered
630 Posts
I just checked mine and it doesn't have any cracks in the rubber. I've only had them for a few weeks, though.

If you bought the brake pedal cover, you're gonna love putting it on! lol. It's a pisser.

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
Mine looked something like that but when I looked closely at it with a magnifier, it was not cracks but some mold marks on the surface.

I didn't worry about it, as soon as the pedal was used a little I could not see the surface effect anymore.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
if its molding marks maybe just sand it down a little with a fine grit?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the info guys! I emailed the rep at mopar supercenter and they told me that if I didn't like it then I could send it back for a refund. After the responses I've gotten here, I'll just go ahead and put them on when the next semi-nice day comes around. I also ordered and received the Mercedes parking brake cover. These are just a little gift to myself since I haven't gotten anything for the ride in awhile.

I'll post some pics when I get them installed and report on how difficult it was to install the brake pedal with all the pointers I've gotten. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
Same here, noticed it but still installed them. They look great! Have fun with the brake pedal, just remember to use some boiling water.

·
Registered
630 Posts
When you do the brake pedal, I would suggest that you do it in a garage without windows. The brake pedal cover might end up sailing right through the window. Mine almost did! :)

But, after a few dozen cuss words, it went on. Looks nice.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I just bought a set a week ago as well..never would have noticed the brake pedal thing unless pointed out.

Personally, I think it's something that happens in the molding. Mine definitely isn't cracked and has a very similar pattern.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just bought a set a week ago as well..never would have noticed the brake pedal thing unless pointed out.

Personally, I think it's something that happens in the molding. Mine definitely isn't cracked and has a very similar pattern.
Haha, yeah...I tend to notice tiny crap like that. From the responses I've seen, I decided to let it go and just put them on.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
It's a good thing I decided to wait until a day off with half-decent weather to install these. I took all the different pointers from everyone's postings on what worked for them and went with what seemed to work the best.

1.) The gas pedal was easy as it just snaps on.

2.) The brake pedal was a total beat-down, but went on after a soak in some boiling hot water for a few minutes, Speedy approved pry tool, a paint can opener, and some convincing. Also, what worked for me, was to put on one side of the pedal (top and bottom) first, work around the bottom of the pedal with the pry tool, and then finish it up at the top with the paint can opener.

3.) The Mercedes parking brake cover needed a piece cut from it and then some good ole gorrilla glue to keep it in place.

I also took a few pics of my progress. The first pic is of the parking brake without the original cover on it, the second is a comparison of the back of both the original and new parking brake cover, third is with the piece cut out, fourth is of the front of the parking brake covers, and last is the finish product.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. Hopefully this post will help someone, even if it's only one person.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts