Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked this up from my dealer for $322 and I must say I am impressed with it and yes it is the AEM Brute Force intake just stamped Mopar,

On the AEM website they say 24 hp/tq gain with dyno sheet to back it up, I wish I could dyno before and after but that won't happen with this weather.

Installing it after work, ll get some pics up.

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
Did you get an install instruction booklet with it? I ask because they used my car to develop and test that kit. I saw one copy of the instructions before it went on sale and it had alot of photos, those are of my car.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Did you get an install instruction booklet with it? I ask because they used my car to develop and test that kit. I saw one copy of the instructions before it went on sale and it had alot of photos, those are of my car.
Yes I did a pretty good instruction manual, very cool!

does the kit come with a wire harness extension for the senor? Excited to see the pics.
Comes with wiring to extend the existing connector, you have to splice it into the wiring, see below.

Ok well I got the kit installed, all in all took about a little over 1 hour as I took the wheel liner half off I should have taken it fully I broke the mid belly pan by the air duct so I had to reorder that from my dealer, thats what I get for trying to cut a corner and save some time!!

Anyway as you can see from the pics I extended the wiring harness, they gave you shrink wrap etc and wanted it soldered but that too permanent for me so I used male to female wiring connectors so if I ever need to replace a sensor or whatever im not dealing with short wires so I can just disconnect and reconnect easily. You only really have 5" of wire to play with on the IAT so you better get it right or you will be digging into the wiring to splice somewhere.

Made all my connection to look as OEM as possible so you really cant tell where I spliced after I closed it all up.

Was fun trying to get the filter and small CAI piece on the rubber 90 when that was installed but one way or another its got done.

A few pics of where the filter sits in the bumper right behind the wheel liner, you can take out the air deflector but I chose not to just in case I get caught in rain I dont want the filter getting saturated with water.

A few different angle shots of the finished product wiring compete tucked away and all. Oh and the color is as close to silver metallic as you can get so im pretty happy about that, it will match my 3gcustomz ABS and coolant covers!

Some pics below.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
That's a very nice looking intake. Did it require the removal of the brake duct?

Editted: So it's a 3.5" pipe or 88.9mm along with a 7" x 3.5" filter, roughly 87.92 sq/in of filter surface area vs 76.12 sq/in of the stock filter.

A few different angle shots of the finished product wiring compete tucked away and all. Oh and the color is as close to silver metallic as you can get so im pretty happy about that, it will match my 3gcustomz ABS and coolant covers!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's a very nice looking intake. Well done Mopar and AEM. Any idea if it is a 3.5" or 4" tube? Also, what is the size of the filter?
You know I was so tired after work and then doing this I forgot to measure the tube and filter size.

The upper tube is the same diameter as the stock throttle body and the lower 90 that the filter attaches to is definitely 1/2" bigger in diameter then the upper CAI tube.

If anyone knows exactly let us know if not ill check it later in the week when I replace my lower mid cover I broke, UGH!!!

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
so how does she run now with it installed?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so how does she run now with it installed?
Sounds is different obviously but I only have 60 miles on my Challenger I havent even broken it in yet, so really wont know until I open it up a tad.

Took it for a quick spin but nothing crazy.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What is the "Drag pak edition" that u have?
When they put the 3.92 gearing on the window sticker it says drag pak edition, atleast on the SRT8's it does.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Got mine put in today and love it. It is more of a CAI than the previous Mopar. You do not remove the brake air inlet but there is an "air dam" right over the brake inlet that the instructions say to remove to allow more "cold air". Seems like it is going to work great.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The AEM dyno results seem to be flawed, the 6.1 only had 302 HP to start with ???
Has to be a misprint must be 382 or something like that.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Got mine put in today and love it. It is more of a CAI than the previous Mopar. You do not remove the brake air inlet but there is an "air dam" right over the brake inlet that the instructions say to remove to allow more "cold air". Seems like it is going to work great.
cool! please post back with results. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
978 Posts
How exactly does it 'sound' different? What kind of sound does it make? :scratchhead:

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How exactly does it 'sound' different? What kind of sound does it make? :scratchhead:
You can actually hear the air being sucked in when you hit the gas, hard to explain it a deep throaty sound.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
So the car sounds like it's choking??? :browsmiley:
Ha!

No it does sound much different the the stock air intake ill say that.

Very noticable.

·
Premium Member
2010 Challenger SRT8
634 Posts
Ok so you guys with these have had em on for awhile... how have they been holding up? Thoughts on performance and changing/cleaning filter? Regrets? I have the short Mopar CAI and seriously looking at going to the long tube.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Ok so you guys with these have had em on for awhile... how have they been holding up? Thoughts on performance and changing/cleaning filter? Regrets? I have the short Mopar CAI and seriously looking at going to the long tube.
It's a great intake, but a pain to get to when you have to clean the filter. I'm actually going to be selling mine soon if you're interested. I bought a t/a hood and now need the short intake again... Wish I would have thought that out first. Anyways long tube intake only has around 100-200 miles on it. PM if you're interested.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts