Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get the Mopar CAI for my SE challenger. I've looked around and noticed some sites have the intake for R/T and SRT. Basically my question is:

Is the Mopar CAI fit all models or do i have to find the intake for my specific model? :scratchhead:

If so, does any one with SE model recommend where to buy the Mopar CAI, for good pricing.

·
Registered
338 Posts
No you need to buy a 3.5l intake. The RT and SRT CAI are different. The direction from which the come from the engine to the right side of the engine bay is different.

I have the Mopar CAI on my SE and I bought it from Mopar supercenter. Anywhere you do buy it from it will cost you about $300.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, thanks that is what i needed to know, now have to decide where or whom to buy it from.

Going to dealership tomorrow for oil change, might see how much of a price gouge they will quote me with, cause i can install it myself.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
google or amazon shopping search...best way to buy

·
Registered
438 Posts
DCH Dodge in Temecula California has them on ebay for 262.

·
Registered
2010 SRT8
1,832 Posts
You might want to think about the new LONG ARM CAI from Mopar for the 3.5. That is a true cold air intake. Puts the filter down in the fender well and also moves the IAT further away from the engine.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
You might want to think about the new LONG ARM CAI from Mopar for the 3.5. That is a true cold air intake. Puts the filter down in the fender well and also moves the IAT further away from the engine.
*nods* I've never felt that most intakes we are used to seeing were CAI's. Isually when I saw the import crowd installing these open element filters/tubes on I'd ask them to define "cold air".

·
Registered
65 Posts
Where can you get one? Ive looked but havent located anyone yet. :scratchhead:

·
Registered
2010 SRT8
1,832 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts