Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this topic has been beat to death - but I am not asking about performance but what would look better. I recently finished some half covers for my 5.7 and now want to get a CAI. I have a RT Redline in Granite Crystal Metallic. I have it narrowed down to a Mopar CAI or Airaid, but open for suggestions.

Thank you,
Rick

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,976 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk QM2Rick. The Airaid, I'm assuming the one with the intake tube as well?. It would continue the black theme. The Mopar will give you the metal tube, and it appears you like the more blacked out look based on your mod. A Guy

·
Registered
255 Posts
Here's mine with the Airaid w/black filter. I love the looks of it. Mine's on a SP, so I didn't have the resonator deal from the start. I think you can get a Mopar elbow W/O the resonator deal if you get a Charger elbow? If not, you could get the whole set up from Airaid.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,976 Posts
Looks good :thumbsup:

A Guy

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have JLT with an R2C filter. Like it because it not metal (it’s argued the metal pipes introduce more heat into the intake air), inside of tube is smooth (less air restriction), and like filter because it’s dry (don’t have to mess with washing and oil), plus I picked it up for a good price used. I really think any performance differences will be minimal from brand to brand, it’s mainly up to looks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Here's mine with the Airaid w/black filter. I love the looks of it. Mine's on a SP, so I didn't have the resonator deal from the start. I think you can get a Mopar elbow W/O the resonator deal if you get a Charger elbow? If not, you could get the whole set up from Airaid.
Could you post a link to that Airaid CAI for your 6.4L? I'm searching out alternatives to the Mopar CAI which is very expensive. I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,976 Posts
Could you post a link to that Airaid CAI for your 6.4L? I'm searching out alternatives to the Mopar CAI which is very expensive. I'd appreciate it. Thanks!
https://www.airaid.com/search/appsearch.aspx#&&aXFoZ7orDEicCI2auFgqslz/3SBfxB+Rh6i3b6CT394MvRNHGhu8Uueb7sVuANdQjQDXH1iUdwzO5ir3F11+eJVVYQ41qkPqbeYSA3fUReIfPeiKqZwuTk1A1iM0Bexk//KG8OfgEyDahtiMEx+UDnfeLVd0TOd5yRLkIAkwGjYABPgaKN1gpbEoG24uqaMGo60tIsD2d6lMWUzQ652Qwx621LdSqRkMOJCHBczbt6E=

Be aware 2018s not yet approved for California and states that use California's smog laws. A Guy

·
Super Moderator
13,866 Posts
I have JLT with an R2C filter. Like it because it not metal (it’s argued the metal pipes introduce more heat into the intake air).

While a metal air intake duct may feel hot to the touch, I doubt if it increases the temperature of the air since it is flowing at such a high velocity.

As a simple example, think of a garden hose stretched across your lawn on a hot summer day. When you first use the hose, it feels like the other end is hooked up to the hot water tank! When the trapped hot water in the hose is gone, and the water is flowing under pressure, it becomes cold.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts