Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys here's a stupid question but I have to know. I have a Mopar CAI on my RT. My wife took the grand daughter to a birthday party in the Challenger yesterday and today see told me that when she was showing her friend the pretty stuff under the hood her friends husband saw my CAI and told her that "if you don't do monthly maintenance to them you will have all kind of problems. I see it at my shop all the time". I told her I don't think the CAI has moveing parts so I don't know what monthly stuff he could be talking about. I've had mine for 6 months and the only thing I've done is changed the filter for a car show and put the original back on afterwards. Anyone know what he could be talking about? Thanks

·
Banned
368 Posts
Unless he is talking about one of the Mopar filters that are oiled (mine is dry type), I agree with Mol.

The Mopar oiled filters require a recharge every 8-15k miles as I recall.

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the inputs. Maybe he just didn't look good but mine is dry and in bold letters on the cleaning instructions it says not to oil it.

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would definetly oil it every 1000 miles, you DO NOT want that filter to rust out, also lube your muffler bearings.
Anything for the Flux Capacitor...I'm was serious when I ask this. This guy fixes cars for a living and I fix radio systems..I'm sure he knows more about cars than I do and I'm trying to see were he's comming from.

·
Banned
2,271 Posts
I think cleaning it is what he meant. Some one posted a thread on how to clean it some where on here

1 - 8 of 8 Posts