Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to buy a MOPAR CAI for my 2013 R/T, from what I've seen it is larger than most. Is it worth it as far as performance. Also, which tuner would work best with this CAI?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
The Mopar CAI is a very good choice, however, many will argue the merits of others, such as K&N, AirRaid, and others at a much lower price point. In truth, and having personally had both a Mopar and AirRaid, there "six of one and a half dozen" of the other with regard to function and construction.

Don't look for any significant performance increase with any of these CAIs. But realize that they DO increase the engines ability to breathe.

Tuner? I'm thinking that both the Diablo Trinity and intune 1000 DCX are far and away the most popular among forum members - the Trinity being costlier, but having additional features that may (or may not) appeal to you.

Regards,

Gary aka "beamg5"

·
Registered
314 Posts
Strictly to the Mopar CAI- I honestly don't know if it's any better than any other well designed CAI. It does feel like it adds a little power over stock. The extra cash I spent on the Mopar was all for looks. A lot of the intakes I compared it too didn't look 'finished', they look like engineering samples.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Strictly to the Mopar CAI- I honestly don't know if it's any better than any other well designed CAI. It does feel like it adds a little power over stock. The extra cash I spent on the Mopar was all for looks. A lot of the intakes I compared it too didn't look 'finished', they look like engineering samples.

I too bought the mopar because of looks I liked the silver tube and mopar m on it, I didn't even but it thinking about performance I just hated the stock air box, I didn't really notice much if and power or torque increase but I did notice I am now getting one to two mpg begetter than before

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I will say save your money and get a intake tube from a new charge, not a CAI kit, and put the money you saved toward a intune tuner. The tuner will wake your car up.

I'm about to buy a MOPAR CAI for my 2013 R/T, from what I've seen it is larger than most. Is it worth it as far as performance. Also, which tuner would work best with this CAI?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts