Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know everyone says that You don't need a CAI on a RT but I think it makes it look a lot better under the hood and sounds better too. To me that $370 makes alot more differance than all the other dress up stuff I put under there. It's $100 more than the K&N CAI but I think it's alot better looking.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Glad my car came with MOPAR CAI. Looks good sounds good, whats not to like?
Did you remove the nylon sock from the filter or did it not come with the sock?

·
Registered
864 Posts
It is a pretty good looking intake. I almost used some dealer bucks i had to get it, untill the dealer quoted me $514!! WTF, honestly.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is a pretty good looking intake. I almost used some dealer bucks i had to get it, untill the dealer quoted me $514!! WTF, honestly.
It would have been close to that with installation. It was $371 and they want like $80 to install it and then you get to pay the tax man.
I hear you guys talk about those Mopar bucks all the time but I never got anything like that:browsmiley:

·
Registered
864 Posts
I didnt get the mopar bucks, that expired before i got my car, but the dealership gave their own dealership cash, so i had $200, and figured it use it on the intake but not for $514 really not worth it to me. Id never pay anyone to install an intake on my car either, id be embarrased.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The K&N ones are about $100 cheaper. I've heard that if you put to much oil on them it will mess up the throttle body and they won't cover it under warranty. I got the Mopar one because it looks better to me.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Just bought my Challenger today, they tried to sell me a CAI but the salesman mentioned that they already put a K&N square filter in the stock fender well box. That is what I had in my Monte SS for years and worked well so did not take it. Think she offered it to me for like $300 installed.

Yeah, I agree though it looks killer

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just bought my Challenger today, they tried to sell me a CAI but the salesman mentioned that they already put a K&N square filter in the stock fender well box. That is what I had in my Monte SS for years and worked well so did not take it. Think she offered it to me for like $300 installed.

Yeah, I agree though it looks killer
That's a good price. from what everyone on here tells me that drop in K&N filter does just as good as the CAI. I don't think you'll ever know the differance in performance. I will tell you it sounds alot better and like I said I bought it because I think it looks alot better but like someone told me when I first brought this up and that's why I got the $55 K&N drop in filter up to now "are you going to drive around with your hood up". No but I know it's there.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Does it make much more when you put a tune in it? It don't matter I'm keeping it anyway but just curious.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
The sock is a MOPAR '10 exclusive. Does not come in the kits, but I have seen the number for it on a MOPAR'10 parts list.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Stonewhite, I did not know that, thanks for the info:)

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
The Mopar CAI is too expensive for me, so I got a LMI (Legmaker intake) for $212 shipped. It custom made of carbon fiber. It's called the Frankentake IV. I know him from LXFORUMS dot com. I've been a member there since 11/04, when I got my '05 Magnum RT. Here's a pic,

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I know I could have gotten a cheaper CAI but I've been talking myself in and out of it for 6 months and I'm happy with what I got.

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
I bought it at the dealership. They might have removed it.
Sock is extra and a separate part#
$371.00 -- 77060003AC-- Cold Air Induction
_$30.00 -- P5155787_-._. CAI Sock

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Does it look better or what purpose does it serve? I paid the $371 + our ridiculous tax.

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
Does it look better or what purpose does it serve? I paid the $371 + our rediculous tax.
Here it is... you decide.

Likely just an easy to clean layer, to help keep any dust the scoop funnels in to it, off the filter itself.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts