Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just traded up from my 2016 sxt to a 2019 5.7 RT ( which sounds awesome!)
I have a mopar CAI that I removed from the sxt and was wondering if I could use it on the RT and if so how would it affect performance and sound. I know it definitely made the 3.6 sound a lot better but the 5.7 sounds so sweet now I don’t know if it’s worth it if it is compatible.

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
8,605 Posts
I Don’t think it will fit, the air intake tubes are too dissimilar, not to mention different diameters

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
24,146 Posts
Different animals

3.6L 77070045AB

5.7L 77070044AD

A Guy

·
Registered
262 Posts
Filter and box looks to be the same, maybe you only need the tube.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So the best price I could find for part #77070044AD is on Bam auto but when I check fit it says it will not fir 2019 Challenger R/T?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
24,146 Posts
They haven't updated their listings no doubt. Nothing has changed from 2018, so it is still correct. You can try searching by Vin# if you need to confirm. Luke stevewhite may be able to confirm as well. I have found it listed for 2019 as well just FYI

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
24,146 Posts
Yeah, the BAM seems to be the cheapest because of the free shipping. Google

BAM wholesale parts promo code

You might get a valid discount code as well. Just try them and it will say if it's a working code

A Guy

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So I contacted BAM and this was their reply

Hello,
Mopar does not have it "compatible" with the 2019 in their catalogs or publications. We ran into this with the 77070045AB earlier this year for the 3.6L. Mopar hadn't received Federal Emissions Certifications which is why it was "compatible" with the 2019's. Could be the same case here.
They said because it’s not listed as compatible by Mopar they can’t guarantee it will fit.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
24,146 Posts
Interesting, everyone does have to have emissions related products tested to get a CARB EO# for each year, so while nothing has physically changed, they can't call it compatible until it's been tested. Mind it's almost November, so they've had more than a year since 2019s came out...

If your state doesn't have emissions testing, or like CA you don't have to get a smog test for x number of years on a new car (6 years in CA), then you'd be good to go

A Guy

PS The Demon Crate EO# ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not sure what to do now.
2 different dealers using my VIN number have told me that the part number that comes up for my car is 68239826AA.
When I did a search and checked fittment with this part number one site says this part number is for use with shaker hood, another site says compatible with 3.6 L ?
Also in the photos I’ve seen of this kit I don’t see any tubes?? Just the air filter, box and some fittings.

·
Registered
Phantom Black SXT+ 100th Anniversay
309 Posts
Is this what you're looking for?
Mopar 5.7L CAI

Edit, looks like its for the shaker also. Not sure why but it does have the al tube.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts