Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help from the experts of Mopar products and accessories. I own 2012 Dodge Challenger SXT V6 which I currently installed Mopar Caliper Covers #82213143 and the vehicle at the time had OEM Dodge rims 18" along with Michelin 235/55/18. I decided to upgrade the wheels to Dodge OEM 20" Chrome Clads with Goodyear 245/45/20 and now my front caliper covers are slightly rubbing with the rim. I called the Dodge dealer in NY who sold me the calipers covers and he has no clue what to answer. Please can someone clarify why it will fit SXT 18" and not the SXT Plus 20", they both use same calipers for the V6 models, the guys logic is that the caliper may be diffrent, I don't think they are? does anyone have a clue? Please help!!!!:icon_confused:

·
Registered
218 Posts
Most likely the design of the wheel spoke is different on the 20" wheels verses the 18's, so there is not even clearance for the caliper covers. You could try using a small wheel spacer for the clearance you need.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wheel Spacer

What size wheel spacer should I get ? and if there s specific brand that you recommend or know of.

·
Registered
218 Posts
It depends on how much extra clearance you need, test fit a front wheel without the caliper cover to try and get an idea of what you might need.

I would try a 3/16" (5mm) spacer or 5/16" (8mm) spacer.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks again!!!! got 3mm or 1/8" and it did the trick. Got hub centric billet spacer. No more rubbing and my wheels look great with those Mopar Caliper Covers. Thanks again for all your help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts